Part 1

The average middle class girl

This story is about middle class girl... very much pampered by her parents but never spoilt...messing up with career... friends.... torn between whether to fulfil her dreams or her parents' dreams....

Part 1:

It has been more than a year now... after completing my graduation.... yet no job.... frustrated.... devastated.... Sometimes I blame myself for not accepting the offer I got during the college placements.... Sometimes I blame my parents for holding me back in my hometown.... And not permitting me to go to some far away city to earn.... As per bad luck... I didn't find any suitable job... till date... JOBLESS....

After the four years of B.Tech life.... holding the call letter I was very confused... whether to join.... or to go back home.... my hometown.. Kolkata..... My parents firmly believed that being in a metropolitan city.. I would surely get a job of my choice... just to earn money... I need not to go to Delhi... Bangalore.. etc... Who would explain them... That earning was not just the only issue.... It was about being independent.... After a lot of turmoil... I finally decided.... What I had to do.... Suppressing my feelings.... I came back... just for that warm love.. and care....

At the dinner table... I still sulked... I know.. it was too late for changing my decision... but still kept thinking over it... papa... he very lovingly explained.... "look babu... u are our only child... u have been away from home.. for the last 4 years... then.. after a few years u'l be getting married.... so what's wrong if we want to spend this in between time with our darling daughter".... Obviously... you can't answer back in such situations.... Mom.. very normally told... look... what we dicide.. is for ur soul good.... and bout marriage... u are no beauty queen.. or fairy.... acchha ladka dhundne me time lgega.... and u such a lazy girl.. u won't find a groom for yourself too.... "mumma".... i screamed.. and left the dinner table....

I was googling for some vacancies... tired of this regular councelling classes by mom and dad.... I remembered.. how in hostel... I used to chit chat with my friends at this time.... Our late night movies... midnight maggies.... Damn... I am missing those days... missing my friends.... And now.. I was craving for those days to relive... Even we friends got drifted away.... some joined the jobs.... some.... went for further studies... overall... everyone was getting busy.... "settling" in life.... the bonds have already started to break up.... only friend i was in contact with was Kaustuki.... my roomie... my family for those 4 years.... She had shifted to Mumbai... and joined as lecturer in some college.... Slogging over all these... Suddenly my eyes caught something.... And initially my eyes glimmed...