Chapter 9: The Glade

Alec and I strolled over to a lookout perch, and climbed up there to watch the boys. "I remembered your name." Alec said, "Do you remember anything else?" I said, "No, just the regular stuff, Dog's, Animals, Math, Language. You know." Alec said thinking, I closed my eyes and thought about what is going to happen to me. I looked in my brain, trying to unlock the memories, of everything, when I was interrupted by a grinding/screeching noise, and looked up to see a gate closing. "What's that?" I asked, "That's the maze, it's full of- I mean ask Joo." Alec says, slowly to pick his words, "It's full of what Alec? And why is their a maze here?" "JUST ASK JOO! Alright? ASK JOO." He screamed, luckily the boys were still dancing and screaming so only a few actually heard him.  Alec went down from the  lookout and joined Joo, he side glanced at me, not wanting me to notice, but I notice everything. What's in the maze Alec?  I thought,  Their called goofy goobers,  I got a response, WHAT? WHOSE IN MY HEAD?! ,  I am. A response came. Goofy Goobers? Who would name monsters Goofy Goobers?? I sat on the floor with my head on the railing, watching the Gladers dance around, I sighed, "This is going to be a long night." I said out loud.