Chapter 30

Mrs. Phil? "I'm sorry children but my twin has gone insane." Randi stood in her place with her jaw ajar. Alec though, he snapped. He tried, and tried. But he couldn't hold it back anymore. Gripping his fists till his fingertips were bright white, he screamed. He punched the air. Hoping to hit Mrs Phil. He heard Thomas' voice and Randi's comforting hand on his shoulder. Mrs Phil took a step back and Randi broke down. Thomas sat Alec and Randi on the couch. He hugged Randi. "This is Eugenia Phil. She is Mrs Phils twin." Thomas sighed, " Mrs Phil was abused and beaten. Eugenia managed to escape from her alcoholic father. Mrs Phil was forced to stay until she hit her 18th birthday." Alec calmed down, and Randi dried her tears. Eugenia spoke up, "children, I'm so, so sorry. My sisters name is Alice. She got so jealous when you two were adopted because Thomas was such a good guardian. I'm sad to say that she commuted suicide two hours ago. As soon as you two left s-she-" It was Eugenia's turn to cry now, "y-you won't have to w-worry about her now c-children." The lights flickered, Eugenia's tear drops made the couch damp, Randi's breathing hitched every time her chest rose, and dropped. Thomas sighed a breath of relief, but looked heartbroken in his eyes. The couch squeaked (😏) as Randi stood up, rubbing the wet tears off her pants. She hugged Eugenia and Thomas. "Thank you." Alec sat there, still.
stunned