Pancakes & Pandas

Scarlett
I make my way to the kitchen and find my favorite pancakes already on the counter. Jase makes pancakes that are to die for. For a guy he can cook.

"Mmm I have been craving them for days now," I moan a little as I take a bite.

"Don't do that or I'll rip that jersey off you and do you right here on this counter," he teases. My body tingles at the image. I know he is joking with me, he always jokes with me. He never sees me like he sees other girls. I will never know how it feels to spend a night with Jase Dawn.

I eat the rest of my pancakes in silence. I grab my phone an check to see if I have any messages. Ian immediately pops up.

Ian: Good morning Princess
Ian: wanna hang out today?

Me: yes I would love too

Ian: be there in 30 min.

I don't ask how he knows my address, I am pretty sure it's because I live next door to Jase Dawn. You see Jase is the son of a wealthy family and many people know him for his big parties he throws every now and then.

"Ian is coming to pick me up in 30 minutes, I am going to get ready," I tell Jase.

"Hope you enjoy your 'date' baby," he walks out with the rest of the pancakes in hand. I will have to get my plate later because like the person he is he'll forget to return it. I am happy that he seems more calm today about Ian and me. Maybe he realizes he needs to trust me on this.

I put on a sundress and my Toms, although I have no idea were Ian is taking me. I apply some makeup and fix my messy hair. I am done by the time I hear the door bell ring.

"Hey, you look beautiful," Ian says placing a small kiss on my lips.

"Thanks," I say and notice how handsome he looks. He's wearing a black and white squared shirt that is tight enough to show his well built body. I grab my purse and we head out.

"Are you a fan of Ferris wheels and roller coasters?" Ian ask as we get in the car.

"Not really, I am kinda afraid of heights," I admit. Ever since Jase made me climb to the top of a mountain and made me look down I hated heights!

"I'll take care of you," he takes off and soon we are at Live Bay Fair. He pays for our tickets and we go straight for some snacks.

"Hold up. I need to try and get you that," he puts our snacks down in the booths counter and points at a big panda, it's the cutest thing. It is a shooting game, he has to hit all 10 targets that move. I watch as he takes the shotgun an aims for each target. I doubt he can-

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10!

He shoots all of them. The owner of the booth is as amazed as I am. He gives Ian the panda and Ian smiles down at me with the panda in hand.

"Me and my dad use to hunt and I became pretty good at it over the years," he explains. Good? The guy is like a fucking professional cop aiming for the bad guy, but damn he looks hot holding a gun.

"Thank you for the panda, I love it," I get on my tips toes and kiss him. Through out most rides Ian is there for me telling me everything is going to be okay but mostly distracting me by placing his soft lips on mine.

It's nice to feel something for someone again. I am willing to take a chance with Ian.

"I really had fun Ian," I say again as I open my apartment door.

"I did too, I'll make sure you have more fun on our next date," he smiles and leans in to kiss me. "Goodnight princess."

I walk into my apartment and can't help but to jump of excitement and hug my big panda. I am developing something for Ian and I am more than happy to explore it.

Jase
I watch as Scarlett smiles more often than usual. She's happy. She has been with Ian for about two months now and the guy isn't bad for her but it still bothers me.

Ian has something I don't but have been wanting since the day I laid eyes on her. I could have any girl except Scarlett and it fucks with me all the time.

The vibrating of my phone in my pocket interrupts my thoughts.

"Hey Dad," I answer.

"Hey son, how's everything?"

"Good so far, I am ready to open next week," my dad gave me one of his fancy restaurants and I decided to make Scarlett my partner. We will open the restaurant next week, well she doesn't know yet and getting her to agree won't be easy.

"I am happy to hear that, we'll need to have a dinner and celebrate," he says. I can hear the excitement in his voice. Anything that has to do with business makes him interested.

"Alright dad."

After hearing my dad talk all about his life I hang up the phone and lay back in my bed. I have no idea how I will get Scarlett to become my partner. I know she will refuse first thing because she doesn't want me to think she is taking advantage of my money. It is always a problem with us but I love it. Unlike most people my money is nothing to her.

She is good with paper work and I am good cooking, we are perfect together to open a restaurant. I need her to quit that secretary job she has and become my partner. After all I did name the restaurant after her.

I make my way to her apartment. I decide to get it over with and ask her.

"Coming!" she screams from inside as knock on the door.

"Hey ba-" I cut myself off when I see Ian sitting in the couch. I doubt the boyfriend will like me calling her baby.

"Jase?" I turn my attention back to Scarlett.

"I needed to talk to you about something but I'll come back later."

"That's okay Jase, I was leaving anyway," Ian says getting up from the sofa. He makes his way to Scarlett and wraps his arms around her waist.

"See you tomorrow princess," he kisses her pink lips and walks out the door. Like all the other times I see them together the jealousy is boiling inside me.

"So what did you want to tell me?" Scarlett asks as we take a sit in her kitchen.

"Well baby I have been wanting to tell your this for so long now," that I fucking hate seen you with Ian. I shake my head at that thought. "I want you to be my partner. Dad gave me a restaurant just around the corner and well I need someone to do all the paper work and stuff. You know I am no good at that, but you are."

"What? Oh my god Jase that's awesome you'll finally let everyone try your amazing pancakes," I can't help but to smile along with her.

"Yes baby, but the you been my partner thing. What do you say?"

"Jase I don-"

"Scarlett come on please, can you at least wait until tomorrow when I take you to see the place and then give me an answer?" I give her my pleasing smile.

"Fine," she gets closer to me and gives me a big hug. "I am so happy for you!" she whispers into my ear. I hold her longer than I should have but having her in my arms feels right and I can't help it. She pulls back and I remove my arms from her waist.

"Wanna watch the football game here?" hell yeah. One of the things that caught my attention about her back in high school was that she likes watching football, well for a while.

"Get the popcorn baby because this will be a good game!" she gets the popcorn and the drinks and we make our way to the sofa. Just like old times a sleepy Scarlett cuddles beside me and falls asleep in the middle of the game.

It feels so right.