Bad news

2 years later...

Scarlett
"Mommy! Violet took my candy!" Kyle says pointing at Violet who has a blue tongue sticking out.

"Vi I told you not to take things from your brother. Come here Kyle let's get you some more."

"Okay mommy," I grab his hand and take him to the kitchen to give him his new piece of candy.

"There you go baby," I say opening up the airheads and handing it to him.

"Thank you mommy, I love you," he hugs my legs and goes running to show off to his sister that he has more candy.

"Mommy why you gave him more candy?" asks a mad Violet.

"You took his and he deserves candy too, he's being good," she cross her arms, I smile, she looks adorable.

"Hello. Aunt Bea is here!" Beatrice yells to the kids walking into the apartment.

"Aunt Bea!" the twins yell and run to hug her. Kyle had been the first to call her his aunt and then went Vi. Beatrice had been so happy that I let the kids go with it.

"Okay go and wait for me, I'll be right there to put it in, don't fight," Beatrice says giving Kyle a movie she had brought.

"How was work?" I ask. We have our own salon now and it has become a success.

"Like usual full," I feel guilty that I have to stay with the twins most days and she has to go work. "Don't start feeling guilty Scarlett, I am more than thankful for everything you have done for me. I wouldn't be out there showing my talent if it wasn't for you."

"Someone was going to see that talent of yours eventually."

"I am just glad it was you. Anyways Jake came to see me today, we're having dinner together," she says grinning. I am happy this Jake guy isn't like her ex. He's wealthy but not spoiled and he cares for Beatrice. He has shown it over the few months they have been together.

"I am glad. He needs to put a ring on that finger soon," I tease but know sooner or later it will happen.

"I am waiting for that moment. What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Are you planning to date soon or you're just going to stay lonely?" I know she is trying to help but I don't like to think about dating. I have kids so that means I wont just be looking for someone to have fun with but also a father for my kids.

"I am not lonely, I have the twins. They're my life, all I need to be happy."

"I know that Scarlett. But you need to be loved and love again. Why don't you give yourself another chance?" I can't. I just can't. He will always have my heart. I can't love someone like I love him.

"You know why Beatrice."

"He left and now is moving on already engaged to some other girl, you need to do the same," I hold onto the counter. He's engaged? I hadn't heard anything from him since the day he walked away. But the fact that he is with someone else still hurt.

He moved on.

"Oh god. Sorry Scarlett I hadn't meant to tell you that. It just that you deserve to move on and be happy with someone else," Beatrice goes on. I can't hide how much this affects me still.

"How do you know?"

"His fiance is some famous model and well you know how people put celebrities business out there..." a model?

"Mommy you okay?" Vi asks pulling my arm. I nod and pick her up. "Kyle says daddy is on TV mommy," I look at Beatrice and she looks towards the TV.

I look at the TV to see the entertainment show is on and the reporter is talking about Jase.

"It seems like he no longer is the wealthy sexy bachelor ladies. A close source tells us Jase Dawn is engaged to Kimberly Taylor. He was spotted not too long ago buying a beautiful ring. Jase Dawn has finally put a ring on it."

"Mommy what does that lady mean? That's daddy. What's a bacelor?" Kyle asks pulling my hand. I let Vi down and walk them to the sofa while Beatrice turns off the TV.

I had told my kids about their father. I only showed them some pictures of Jase but he hasn't changed much and I can't deny it's him.

"Yes that is daddy," I swallow the lump in my throat and hold back the tears. I hate lying to my kids. Telling them he's busy and can't come to see them is pathetic. But I can't tell them he had walked away.

"I wanna see him mommy, I wanna see daddy," Vi says.

"Okay you guys come on, I'll put you that movie I brought. Let's go to my room though," Beatrice says taking the kids to her room.

As soon as Beatrice door closes I let the tears fall. Jase is engaged. He is starting his life with someone else. It seems so easy for him but for me it's something I doubt I can ever do.

Moving on seems like an impossible option.

Jase
I turn off the TV. It's stupid what they're saying. I am not engaged to Kimberly. I had bought her a ring because she had asked for one for her damn birthday.

"That's some crazy shit," Jake says taking a grape in his mouth.

"I should have never agreed to my dad's idea. I was better off owning only one restaurant," I am tired of this life.

"You need to set your shit straight man. Look at me. I don't let anyone fuck me up or talk shit about me. My girl, I keep her secret. They find out and they'll fuck us up. I can't risk losing my future wife," Jake says smiling.

"You're proposing?"

"Sure am. Tonight. I am nervous as fuck though," he doesn't look nervous. Jake has being dating some girl for months now that he has kept a secret but I didn't think it was proposing serious.

"Don't be. You're unrejectable," I joke.

"Hello ladies!" We turn to see Claire. I smile when I see her hands pointing at her big lump.

"Looking more beautiful everyday," I tease. She hates when we comment on her huge belly. She is do in a couple of weeks.

"Oh shut it Jase," she says raising an eyebrow.

"Henry coming?" Jake asks. Henry is Claires husband and Jakes brother.

"Yea he's just parking," Claire answers. "So what's up with you being engaged?" she asks me. I knew she would be happy if it was true because like many times before she wants me to fall for someone again but that isn't happening.

"Rumors. That's all it is. You know Kimberly is like a sister."

"I figured," Claire says and goes to start making her famous food.

I can't keep letting rumors go on. I don't care what happens with my life but Kimberly has a life and she sure as hell doesn't want to be known as engaged to me.

I am going to end this once and for all.

Beginning with the person who started the lie, my father.