Live a little

Scarlett
He had been there. I had seen him. But he had ran away. It hurt more when I had assured him I was pregnant and he ran to his car and sped off. Nothing hurt more than having him walk away from me and his kids. He knows I am pregnant now. Yet he walked away.

I won't let that break me. I have to be strong for my kids. They won't have a father but they will have a mom. I make my way back into the restaurant an order another sweet tea. I pay and walk down the street to the Starbucks.

I am meeting with Ian today. He had come by a few days back and apologized for ending things with me the way he did. He didn't want me back and the truth it's better that way. We're friends now though. He is showing me some places around my apartment were I can open my business with Beatrice.

I decided I would need to start now and work my way up before my kids are here. I will need to use my parents money now. I know they would be proud of me using it to make something out of my life.

"Hey Scarlett," Ian says as I take a seat in front of him.

"Hey, sorry I am kinda late. I crashed with someone and my sweet tea kinda spilled all over them. Had to get a new one."

"Don't worry it happens," he says laughing.

"Yea so you got some places to show me?"

He nods and starts showing me all the places available. I take two papers that look like good options. I will just have to discuss it with Beatrice.

"Thanks so much Ian, this means a lot," I say giving him a sincere smile.

"My pleasure, you know whenever you need me I am here Scarlett. I am your friend."

"I know, you're awesome."

"Hell yea I am pretty awesome. I know it isn't my business but Jase is the father of your kids... Is he planning on showing up anytime?"

Ian knows everything. I have trusted him enough to tell him. I don't want him going off and demanding Jase to man up and be the father he is suppose to be. I can be both a mom and dad to my kids. They don't need Jase when he ran away as soon as he knew I am pregnant.

"Yea he did but I told him I don't want him to be part of my life nor my kids, he accepted it," I lie. I hate myself for it but I can't have Ian worrying.

"Are you sure that's what you want?"

No.

Not at all.

"Yes," I answer and turn to face the window.

"You're strong Scarlett, you'll be fine and you have people who can help you. Don't forget that," I look back at Ian. How could I not have fallen in love with him? He's a great guy. Why did I fall in love with Jase?

"Thanks Ian," I say reaching over and taking his hand. It isn't awkward between us. We have each other just not like before. It's love but a sister an brother kind.

Jase
I accept my dad's offer and agree to open more restaurants around. They will still be named after her. As much as I hate the fact that she's starting a new life with Ian, I will love her for the rest of my life.

"I am glad you made this choice Jase," my dad says patting me in the shoulder.

I nod and walk out of the building. I have become someone important now. People know me, I make great money and I am known to women. I make sure to let the media know I am not taken by any girl. Then they came up with "The sexy millionaire Bachelor" name for me. Girls throw themselves at me. The old Jase would have loved it. But that's not who I am anymore.

At first I thought when people say love changes you it's just some stupid phrase but it's real. Falling in love with her changed me but I don't want to keep being the shity heart broken guy anymore that's for sure.

I get in my car and make my way to Claire's house. She has become the closest thing to a friend. At first I thought she wanted to get in my bed but I was glad when she had slapped me and told me I was a fucking ass. She's cool for a girl. We are getting closer. We don't have to worry about falling for each other because it's a friendship thing.

"I got Brownies!" she screams as I walked in. That how we had met, I had fallen for her brownies.

"I can smell them from a mile away," I say taking a seat.

"What brings you here?" she asks.

"My shity life," I reply.

"Jase you don't have to do this to yourself, don't let your daddy control you," she's right. My dad has been a control freak lately but I don't care.

"Give me some Brownies," I say trying to ignore her lecture. She hands me the Brownies and takes a seat beside me.

"You know I am your friend and I am always going to be here but you need to live your life the way you want it. I know you are hurting Jase but you can't keep leaving life like nothing matters. She mattered to you, she still does, but you have to love again," impossible. Fucking impossible. Falling in love with someone else isn't possible.

"I will never love anyone like I love her. Ever since I met her she was different. Beautiful and smart without even knowing it. She became my favorite thing to look at. I never told her nothing because I knew I would hurt her but I didn't know she would be capable of hurting me. I know if I had another chance to redo things I wouldn't change a thing. I got to have her for a while, not long enough but it was something. Now she's gone and leaving her life. I don't have a life without her," I let everything out and sob into Claires arms like many times before. Never have I cried so much for someone before but I have never known what it feels like to loose something so precious until now.