Forevers

Scarlett
It hadn't been easy walking into the house and seen Jase's dad but Jase convinced me to hear him out.

I stand beside the window looking at the kids playing with the sand. Jase had stayed, I am glad because being alone in a room with a man who hates me isn't a good idea.

"I know I have messed up Scarlett. I let the love I had for your mom and how she betrayed me judge you. I don't deserve to be forgiven for all the horrible things I said to you. I will never forgive myself for taking Jase's choice away to be with your kids. Just know all the things I said aren't true. Your more then good for my son, you have always been," I look at Vi and Kyle smiling as they play with the sea shells. Jase had explained to me about how my mom and his dad had had something. I had never known.

I look back at the man who told me I wasn't good enough for Jase. The man who offered me money and expected me to walk away. The one who left my kids without a father for 2 years. What if Jase and I had never found out the truth?

"Scarlett," Jase whispers my name and touches my shoulder. He looks so much like his father but is nothing like him. I am not sure I can forgive someone who could have taken my kids father away from them.

"I don't want you near my kids," I say and walk away.

I know this will affect me and Jase but I can't forgive what he had done. He might have loved my mother and she betrayed him but I am not her. He has no reason to think that of me. I am like my mother in ways but I would never betray Jase.

"Scarlett wait," Jase calls for me. I stop at the porch and look towards the beach.

"He hurt me too much Jase, I can't," I feel his arms wrap around me.

"It's ok baby, you don't want him near our kids then I won't allow it. As long as I have you and the twins my world is perfect," I turn and kiss the man who has stolen my heart.

Jase
After a day at the beach I leave Scarlett with the twins. I had asked them to distract their mom because I have a surprise for her.

I put the last rose petals on the floor and hold the box with the ring in my hand. I am ready to do this.

"Daddy she's coming," Kyle says making his way beside me, Vi comes right behind him.

"Got the camera Vi?" I ask wanting her to capture every second of what is about to happen.

"Yes daddy," she holds the camera up and presses the record button.

"What's g-..." Scarlett trails off as she looks at the rose petals on the floor. She walks to us in a beautiful long black sundress.

"Jase what's all of this?" she asks looking around.

"Scarlett you mean the world to me. You have giving me two amazing kids. I couldn't ask for more. Everything I need is right here. You're the woman who I want to spend the rest of my life with. You're who I want to wake up to every morning and tell you how beautiful you look with messy hair," she smiles and I get on one knee, opening the box I continue, "Scarlett Johnson will you marry me?"

She covers her mouth in surprise and nods yes through her tears. I know they are the good kind of tears. I place the ring on her finger and get up to kiss her. The kids laugh in the back as I pick her up and place a big kiss on her lips.

"I love you Jase, you're my forever," she says through our kiss.

Everything we have went through is worth it. I will never change Scarlett for anyone. If someone would have told me love felt this good a few years ago I would have laughed but when you fall in love you'll know what it actually means. The kids join us and we all hug.

I have everything I could have ever wanted. Scarlett is my bestfriend and now she will be my wife. I am a lucky bastard.

"I'll be loving you hard, always baby."

Authors Note:
I decided to end the story earlier since i have been busy and am about to start school. I will be writing a new book but that will be a slow process. I also will try to make it more interesting. This was my first book ever and I know it's short but it was just my first time writing so don't judge me. Well I hope you honestly have taken the time to read it and please comment and vote. Love you all :) million thank yous !