Picture perfect

Scarlett
I walk into the office a little tired. I doubt I will ever get much sleep with Jase in my bed. Once we begin there's no stopping.

"Goodmorning, you must be Scarlett," I turn to see a young girl with pretty long red hair.

"Yes that's me, how may I help you?"

"I am Beatrice and I am told to bring you these," she says hanging me a piece of paper with the list of employees in them.

"Thank you Beatrice," I say taking a seat at my desk.

"You have a really nice office," she says looking around. It's mostly empty so I don't see how a girl her age can think paintings of who knows what are nice.

"Thank you. What do you work as in here?" when she turns to me the side of her hair that has bangs moves to the side to expose a red bruise on her pale skin.

"I am a waitress," she says putting the bangs back in place.

"Do you attend school?" she hesitates before answering.

"No ma'am," I could see how much she hates to admit it.

"Why not?"

"I need the money I will make here."

"Beatrice!" someone screams from the kitchen.

"I am sorry but I need to get to work," she excuses herself and walks out. I look through the employee list and find her name. Beatrice Johnson Kinston.

This can't be. Kinston is my Aunts Steph ex-husbands last name and Johnson was hers and mines. I try to calm down, it all can be a coincidence.

Aunt Steph broke it off with her husband because he cheated on her but she never said anything about having a baby with him.

I work in the laptop transferring the list of employee names. I work through all the papers and billing Jase will need to pay. When it's time for lunch I am more then happy to get out of the office.

I grab my purse and make my way out. The place is packed, Kylie had been right Jase's business would be a success.

"Hey baby, sorry I didn't even show once in your office but I have been busy showing the chef's how I do things around here," I give him a small kiss and take in how good he looks dressed like a chef himself.

"It's okay, I am gonna take a seat and eat something."

"I'll make you something," he kisses me one more time and makes his way into the kitchen.

"Would you like a table?" Beatrice asks. I nod and she sits me on a table near the window.

"Jase is bringing me something so I won't be ordering anything," she nods and gives me a small smile. "Beatrice?"

"Yes ma'am?" I am not liking the ma'am thing. It makes me sound old.

"Please call me Scarlett and when is your lunch break?"

"It's right now but I decided to skip it."

"Would you like to join me?" I hope I am not been a creep but I need to know if she is somehow related to me.

"Okay, I'll just let the other waitresses know," I nod and she goes back to talking to the other girls.

"Your lunch for today," Jase says placing a large plate with lasagne in it.

"This looks delicious, but not as delicious as you in that outfit," I say looking up at him and biting my bottom lip.

"Scarlett baby your gonna drive me crazy if you do that again," I can't help but to let out a soft moan to tease him. "I'll get you back baby, real good," he says making his way to the kitchen. Maybe I shouldn't have teased him.