Firsts

Scarlett
I stand in the waiting room. I want to be with him but they wont let me. I should have done something to stop him, this is my fault.

"How is he!? Where is my son!?" I look up to see Mr. Dawn screaming at me.

"Sir please calm down. We'll help you just come with me," he doesn't say anything else just walks away with the nurse.

"Scarlett," Kylie throws her arms around me. She mumbles things in my ear but I can't get a hold of them. The room is spinning and things are a blur. I am fainting...

***

"-and it's okay Scarlett she'll be fine. I left her in your apartment, I hope you don't mind," I hear Kylie's voice and open my eyes to see her.

"Do you ever shut up?" I tease her, trying to calm her down.

"Omg Scar you're up!" she squeals hugging me tight.

"Yea... How long have I been out?"

"A while but the doctor came in and checked you out and he.. Mm.."

"Mm?"

"You are pregnant Scar, like you're gonna be a mommy," I freeze. This can't be happening. But then it would actually explain why I have being craving so much lately.

"I know what been pregnant means Kylie," I reassures her. I am going to be a mom and Jase.. Jase is going to be a dad.

"I gotta see Jase, I gotta tell him," I get up from the bed and look at Kylie. She isn't moving. Why isn't she moving?

"He's dad took him to a better hospital, he left you something," I walk over to her and take the piece of paper.

Scarlett we both know who's fault this is. Yours. I know everything there is to know that what I am saying is true. Ever since you walked into my sons life he hasn't been himself. I have taken him where he will get all the help he needs. I love him and want the best for him and that's not you. If you want the best for him too then you will let him go. He doesn't need you to mess up his future. You two aren't for each other. You might love him but has he said he loves you? You're nothing special Scarlett. Let my son continue his life without you and your problems. He will be happier. There is a check with an amount for you to live a decent life. Don't look for my son. He doesn't need nor want you. Walk away.

I grab the closest thing to hold onto. His words hurt. He's right it's my fault and Jase never said he loved me like I love him but I can't be a problem for him. I open the envelope and look at the check. It's a big amount of money but never in my life will I take it. Mr. Dawn doesn't know anything about me, if he thinks I want Jase for his money he is so fucking wrong.

"Scarlett? Are you okay?"

"Did he say what hospital?"

"No," I change and walk out of the room to look for someone to tell me where Jase could have gone.

"Sorry I am not aloud to tell you that information unless you are family," the lady in the front desk says eyeing me curiously.

I want to straddle her and demand to know where they took Jase. 

How can his father do this to me?

"Scar we can't do anything here come on let's go to your apartment. Beatrice needs you," Kylie pulls my arm and walks me to my car. She doesn't say anything the whole ride.

All I want is to see Jase. I want to know how he is. The idea of losing him breaks me. I can't live without him.

 I look down and rub my stomach, but I have a new reason to live now.

I walk into my apartment to see Beatrice laying down on the sofa. She gets up and hugs me.

"I am so sorry, I shouldn't have went to the restaurant," she says through tears.

"It's okay. It's not your fault," it's mine. I should have never told Jase about her abusive boyfriend. I should have stopped him somehow.

"I told the police all about him, they'll find him and he'll pay for it. How's Jase?"

"His dad took him away, I don't know how he is or where he is," I let the tears fall and hug Beatrice tighter.

Jase
I open my eyes but close them again when bright lights hit me. I turn sideways and open them slowly. There is some pain in my arm and I realize I am in a hospital.

"It's okay son, everything is fine," my dad says. I look up and see his worried eyes staring at me. My father has never looked so messed up.

"How long has it been?"

"Couple of days, your arms looking good though. That's what the doctors said."

"Is Scarlett here?" he runs a hand through his hair and moves to look out the window. I know he isn't a fan of Scarlett but she means everything to me.

"No Jase, she hasn't come by not once," I shake my head. She had to have come. She had said she is in love with me. She cares. She would be worried. The Scarlett I would be out there waiting for me to wake up.

"I know it's hard for you to take it in but it's the truth son. She hasn't come to see you."

"You're wrong dad, something is wrong. I need to talk to her," I try getting off the hospital bed but my dad pulls me down. Pain shoots through my arm.

"I knew you would say that so I got some proof. I asked someone to check on her and see why she hasn't come and they told me she was busy with someone else. She's got someone else Jase. See for yourself," he hands me his iPhone. The image I see breaks me.

Scarlett is holding red roses and hugging Ian. I can't see her face but I can see his. He's happy. He's hugging my Scarlett. No. She isn't mines anymore. While I am in a hospital bed she is off hugging another dude and doing who knows what. She had lied. She was never in love with me. I was dumb enough to fall for it.

I hand the phone back to my dad and ask for him go get the doctor. I need to know when I can get the fuck out of here but more because I need time alone. Scarlett hurt me like no one ever has.

For the first time I cry for a girl. 

I cry for the girl I have fallen in love with.

 I cry for Scarlett.