Bumps and all

Scarlett
It has been months now. I don't know anything about Jase. Nothing. How can his dad be so cruel? I tried everything to find out where he can be but I found nothing. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing he's alive. The doctor had at least known that he would survive after they took him away to a better hospital.

I feel empty without him. I don't sleep or eat much but I know I have to stop. My child needs me. Jase has to be better by now. I just cant stop asking myself why he won't come back. His apartment is empty. No one ever comes.

"Are you ready for the results?" my doctor asks. I nod and let him continue. I am finding out my babies gender today. I hadn't dared come before but I need to know to get things ready for when he or she arrives. "It's a girl and a boy."

I look at him like he has gone crazy.

"They're twins," he says smiling at me.

I am having two kids. Not one but two. Part of me feels worried and scared that Jase will never show up but more of me feels happy. I have two amazing human beings growing in my stomach. They are proof of the love of my life. I don't regret anything. I had had Jase for a while and I want him forever but there is a chance I won't see him again. I will be a single mom. I have two more reasons to keep leaving my life now.

"Thank you for everything," I tell my doctor as I make my way out. I look at the ultrasound pictures. They are beautiful.

I make my way into my Mercedes and head to my job. I had gone back to being a secretary. I couldn't work at Jase's restaurant anymore. He hadn't fired me but I couldn't work in there knowing he wasn't going to be there cooking his delicious food. I made sure to get a good replacement though. His business is doing great. Too great actually that I know he is managing it now. Is he avoiding me?

I do my usual printing and organizing papers to hand to my boss. I will need this job now more then ever. My kids will have a good future even if it's just with me.

I gather my stuff and walk out of the office. I am glad to get home because my stomach is grumbling. Lunch hadn't been enough for the two growing in my stomach.

"What did the doc say?" Beatrice asks once I get settled down in our kitchen. She's making pasta today and it smells delicious.

After the whole incident she moved in with me. I didn't want her away after everything that happened. Her ex boyfriend was charged for all the things he did. He's going to spend the rest of his life in jail. Good, it's what he deserves.

"I will be having twins, boy and girl," her eyes grow bigger but then a big smile lights up on her face.

"Omg! That's awesome."

"Yes it is. But I need to start planning things because the job I have won't cover everything," that is my main concern right now.

"I'll get another job and help you out," Beatrice says placing a plate with pasta in front of me. She serves herself and takes a seat.

"No way," I say.

"Let me help Scarlett," she pleads but I can't have her doing that for me.

"No Beatrice. They're my responsibility."

"Okay fine. But I will be buying them things and you can't tell me no. I also think it's time you use your parents money. You need it Scarlett," she's right. I will need that money, it's time I use it.

"Okay. I have an idea that I am sure you'll like," I say and start explaining to her the idea I have had in my head for a while. Beatrice has become a pro in cosmetology. I don't want her working in some salon the rest of her life that won't pay her much. I have wanted a business of my own and what better then a salon? Beatrice will be my partner and we can do something for ourselves. We can help each other.

After I finish she gives me the biggest hug and that tells me is the best idea she has ever heard.

Jase has been my only safety for most of my life. But now he's gone. Maybe forever, the thought breaks my heart but I don't know what to think. His dad probably made him realize he can do better. I can't break down now. I have Beatrice now who is my family and two more coming. I have a home with people who I love. I am not completely alone.

If Jase wanted to be a part of my life he would have looked for me the moment he walked out of the hospital.

It's time to move on.

Jase
I let the blond walk out the door. I don't care if she's mad. Nothing fucking matters. It always ends the same. Months and she's still in my head.

I will bring girls home but never could I get myself to fuck them. Scarlett is deep in me all the time. I don't want to be with any girl unless it's her. They never feel like she does in my arms. Unlike her I had really fallen.

I get up and decided it's time I go check on my restaurant myself. She doesn't even work there anymore anyways.

I had been managing everything and so far the restaurant is doing good. When Scarlett had left so had Beatrice. I don't know why but it was for the best. Anything that has to do with Scarlett I need out of my life.

I walk in to find the usual place packed. Before all of this made me happy because I was sharing it with Scarlett but now the idea isn't so appealing.

"Hello Sir," one of the Chef says. I say my hellos and make my way to the office. I don't expect her to be there but I am still surprised to see an older woman in her place.

"Mr. Dawn, I didn't know you would be here today," Jennifer says getting up from behind her desk. She isn't Scarlett but she's a good person to take her place. Over the weeks I have gotten good result from her.

"Yea I didn't either, I just wanted to drop by and see how the place is doing," I say looking around the office. I keep my gaze on the sofa where so many times I had Scarlett in my arms. I walk out of there before I can get caught up in memories. I am so fucked up.

"I am sorry," I freeze when I hear her voice. There is sweet tea all over me but that's the last thing I care about when I meet her beautiful eyes.

"Jase," she says my name like she can't believe it's me.

Did she think I had died?

"Excuse me," I say and walk away.

"Jase wait! Please!"

I am not far from my car but like the stupid guy I am with her I turn and look at her. She looks tired, my eyes moves to her stomach where she has two hands caressing it. She's rubbing the small bump there. She's.. 

She's pregnant.

"You're pregnant," I say wanting to hear her say that I am wrong.

"I am," she smiles making me swallow the lump in my throat and turn to leave. 

She's pregnant.

I get in my car and speed off hearing Scarlett scream my name and asking me to wait. I have always wanted to protect her. All the time. But now I need to protect myself. She's having someone else's baby.