Piece of Dessert

Scarlett
"What a douche. But whatever you're better off without him," I want to believe Kylie but I am scared that I won't find someone like Ian that will love me.

"I don't know Kylie and to top it all off Jase saw me on my new panties yesterday," that had been embarrassing. I didn't dare look at his face to see he wasn't pleased with what he saw. I am not insecure about myself but sometimes I just want to feel wanted by someone.

"Oh my god! Wow! Where they the blue ones?" I grab my pillow and throw it at her.

"I don't know how I am going to make it through this dinner," I say laying down in my bed.

"Girl come on get your ass up and get ready, we have half an hour," Kylie makes her way to my closet and picks out the red dress. "Definitely this red dress and your black heels. Make sure you choose the black panties and bra to wear under. Now go take a shower."

"No one is going to see my underclothes!" I say as I walk into the bathroom.

"You never know!" she shouts.

I take my time in the shower but after Kylie screams at me to get out I turn off the water. I put on the black panties and bra she had said. I dry my hair and straighten it. I put on little make up and walk out to put on the dress. After I put on my heels and walk out to the living room were a impatient Kylie awaits.

"Mamamia!" she says with wide eyes.

"Kylie this screams slut," I say wanting to change out of this dress.

"Don't you dare change, I'll have the most beautiful date to this dinner," I turn around to see Jase.

He's wearing a black Tuxedo and his hair is slid back perfectly. I have never seen someone look so irresistibly handsome.

Jase
She looks like a fucking goddess. The tight red dress she's wearing is driving me crazy. It hugs her body so good. Scarlett is beautiful and I have known that since I met her, I didn't need this tight red dress to show me. But fuck, it's sexy.

"Awe!" says Kylie.

"Shall we go," I extend my hand for her to take. She takes it and we make our way out.

"Are you sure this is appropriate for a dinner with your father?" who cares what my dad thinks, for me she looks perfect.

"Baby don't worry, you don't need to impress him," I say trying to reassure her.

"Okay."

She stays quiet the whole ride. I can tell she's nervous. The way she touches her hair and lays her hands on her laps most of the time. I know she isn't nervous because of the dress anymore, she is nervous because of my father.

Scarlett had had wealthy parents but then a car accident left her in the hands of her crappy aunt. I swear I hate that woman. She never took good care of Scarlett. I am happy that Scarlett saved enough money to get her own place, especially since it was next door to me. But even if she hadn't I would have gotten her out of there. I knew she would have refused but I would have convinced her somehow.

She never touched a penny of her parents inheritance. The Mercedes she has is the only thing she accepted to have from them. Scarlett is a hardworking woman. She works her ass off for what she wants, I admire that of her.

"Jase I don-" she starts while she looks around the fancy place my dad has picked. Honestly I don't even like this type of places. McDonalds is even better then the shit they serve here.

"Who cares let's make this night about us and opening SCARLETT's up soon," I look down at her cute face and she nods.

We take a sit at the table my dad has reserved. They serve us some wine while we wait.

"I really like the red dress," I whisper in her ear. "But I hate how so many man are eyeing you like you were their piece of dessert," she blushes at my comment and turns to face me.

"You're full of it Jase," I am being serious. This old people are looking at her and I am not liking it. I start shooting death glares at some.

I place my hand on her thigh and lean in to give her a small kiss on the cheek, "I have to let them know you're my date."

Her body shivers as I make my way to her neck. I want to kiss her there and whisper all the things I have kept to myself all this years. I pull back when I hear someone clear their throat. I look up to see my father.

"Sorry I am late," he says taking a seat in front of us.

"Dad this is Scarlett, you met her a few years back," I doubt he remembers her.

"Nice to see you again sir," Scarlett says. I hate to see she feels uncomfortable around my father. I don't blame her though, my father is a bit scary.

"You too Scarlett. I see you have named the restaurant after her, are you two more than friends now?"

I wish.

"No dad, she's special to me and she'll be my partner," I haven't discussed this with my dad and I didn't think I needed too. It's my place after all.

"You have to be very careful with who you trust son," I feel Scarlett stiffen beside me.

"I trust Scarlett with my life, father," If he means Scarlett isn't trustworthy he is fucking wrong. I place my hand on top of Scarletts to calm her down.

"Okay son, so Scarlett tell me about your family," my dad says looking at her. He doesn't like her but I can care less. Scarlett is everything to me.

"I lost my parents at a young age and only have an aunt who took me after my parents death. When I turned 18 I moved out and I haven't talked to my aunt since then. The life I have right now is thanks to my hard work," I smile at her. That last part is meant for him to know she doesn't care about my money.

"Your hard work? From what I know you live next door to my son. Did he not lend you the apartment?" I instantly turn to look at my dad. He can be my father but I am not going to let him disrespect Scarlett.

"What can I do for you today?" the waitress asks interrupting the tension in the table.

"The finest wine you have tonight," my dad says to the waitress. She looks at me and Scarlett and notices that we haven't even drank from our wine so she turns and leaves.

"Now where were we?" he says when the waitress is out of sight.

"I di-" I start but stop when Scarlett gets up.

"I don't need one single penny from your son to have a fancy apartment. I have worked to get where I am. I love your son for who he is not for his money! He could be poor for all I care but I would still love him. Now if you would excuse me," Scarlett says and turns to leave.

"She's no good for you son, let her go."

"You are fucking wrong in every way about her, she's nothing like the women you hang around. Scarlett is much more than any of them, she's too good for me."

I don't care about leaving my dad, I get up and go after Scarlett. When I don't see her outside the place I headed to my car. She probably took a cab. I make my way home hoping to find her there.

I can't believe my dad. How the fuck is he going to say Scarlett is with me for my money? He doesn't know anything about her.

I knock on her door and she lets me in. I don't say anything, I just hug her. I would choose her over my selfish father any day.

Authors Note: Hey guys :) omg I am getting my first votes and comments and y'all don't know how much it all means to me. I really appreciate everyone of you taking the time to read my story. It's mostly Fiction but I can relate to it in a way. I'll be updating soon please keep voting and commenting. Thank you so much! :)