Chapter 8.

Kehlani.

I got home and got Kennedy out the backseat placing her on my hip, then I put her diaper bag inside of her carseat and took her inside.

When I opened the door I smelled bacon which made me walk straight to the kitchen.

"Hey baybeh." August said as he put the 2 plates down and kissed me.

"Hey guess what."

"What baybeh?"

"I got a job."

"Oh you did that's great."

"Yeah it is, I'm gonna be working with Cha."

"You know how to do hair?"

"No but I do know how to wash it so that's what I'll be doing."

"Oh I meant to tell you our bed finally came it's already set up too."

"Oh thank god." I said laughing.

After we finished eating I was tired but Kennedy was wide awake so Aug agreed to take her out for a little while.

After I made the bed up I literally fell into it. After moving in it felt like I haven't slept in days after I got comfortable I fell asleep.

August.

As I was pushing the stroller through the mall I noticed this woman looking at me. It didn't matter what store I was in she was there so when I got into a store I turned around and looked her.

"Do I know you?"

"No. But I know you."

"How do you know me?"

"You really don't need to know that right now but I'll see you again August."

She walked away and turned back around to smile at me before walking out of the store. I was confused because I had never seen her before but she knew me. After I paid for some clothes and things for Kennedy I left because I didn't want to see her again.

Kehlani.

I woke up to the sound of banging and got up to see what it was. On my way downstairs I realized it was coming from Kennedy's room so I figured Aug was back.

"August what are you doing?"

"Putting the crib together."

"You have to do that now?"

"Yes."

I sat on the floor and held Kennedy in my arms as I watched Aug put the crib together.

"Aug that piece goes at the bottom."

"I would know that if the instructions were in English."

"Just follow the pictures August."

"You wanna do this?"

"Nope."

While I was sitting there the doorbell rang. I got up still holding Kennedy and went to answer it. When I opened it nobody was there but a small piece of paper was on the front door.

Tell August I said hi.....Kehlani.
From
D.

I didn't know who this note was from but I was going to find out. I closed the door and went back up the steps.

"Aug what is this?"

He took the note from me and looked confused.

"I don't know bae." He said handing it back to me.

"You don't know? The note has your name on it August."

"It has yours on it too bae."

"Yeah but I don't know who this is from so who is this Aug?"

"I told you I don't know."

"Is there someone else?"

"Kehlani I know you didn't just ask me that. If I was seeing someone else do you really think I would be around you all the time? All I do is go to work, come home and be with you. Between you,Kennedy and my job I have no time to do anything else."

"I didn't know I was such a burden on you August." I spoke as I got up and walked out of the room.

August.

I didn't mean to make it sound like Lani was a burden because she's not I just didn't want her to think I was cheating on her.

I got and walked into our room where I saw Kennedy sleeping and Lani laying on the bed looking at the ceiling.

I sat on the bed careful not to wake Kennedy who in the middle of the bed and wrapped my arms around Lani hugging her.

"You know I love you right?"

"Yeah but you made it seem like I'm a burden to you." She sniffed.

"Don't cry baby, I didn't say you were a burden. I love spending time with you, I just wanted to show you that I was too busy to even think about cheating on you and I love and respect you too much to hurt you like that anyways."

"That's the first time a guy has ever told me they respect me. I mean yeah they might've shown it but they never told me, that's a bold move Aug."

"I love you baybeh, remember that."

"Ok Aug I love you too." She said as she snuggled up next to me.

Once Lani fell asleep I laid there thinking about who could've possibly sent that note. I didn't know anyone with a name that started with a D but whoever it was knew who I was and who Lani was, they also knew where I lived too which was the scariest part.

I thought and thought until someone popped in my head.

The woman from the mall.

I know she wasn't stalking me and if she was I don't know why. I was going to tell Lani but not until I see the woman again because she said we will.

-

***VOTE & COMMENT***