Chapter 22.

Kehlani.

"Baybeh you sure about this dinner?" August asked anxiously.

"Yes babe Cha said she's tired of the family being split up and she wants us to be there."

"But I ain't seen my family in almost a year what if everybody get mad at me and leave."

"They won't baby I promise just make sure they know that you're sorry for what you said to your mom." I said as I combed through my hair.

"And they ain't even met you yet or Kennedy,oh god I don't know what my mama gonna say about Kennedy." He said starting to panick.

I walked over to him placing my hands on his face as I slowly pecked his lips.

"Everything is going to be alright August I'm sure your mom will love Kennedy just as much as we do and I'll make the best first impression I can."

"Yeah bae I guess you right c'mon we gotta go dinner start at 7." He said after taking a deep breath.

August.

The whole ride to Cha's house was quiet with the exception of Kennedy's small coos in the backseat. I ain't never been this nervous to see my mama in my life not only was I going to be introducing her to my fiance but to my daughter as well.

Lani told me to apologize about the things I said to her causing me to get kicked out but I really don't think I should say sorry for something that was true. Everyone else has always felt like she put her husband before her children but were scared to say it and when I do the same people who had my back turned on me.

I slowly pulled into Chandra's driveway noticing my mama's car already there. I started to get nervous again when Lani leaned over and whispered to me how everything was going to be fine and not to worry.

As Lani got Kennedy out of her carseat I stood there thinking about what could possibly happen when my mama sees me but I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts when Lani told me to knock on the door.

"Hey y'all, almost thought you weren't coming." Cha said with a smile on her face.

"Hey Cha how you been girl." Lani said as she gave her a hug.

"Oh you know just taking care of the girls."

As we walked further into the living room I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Aye brudda how you been boy?" My brother Travis asked.

"Trav,it's good to see you my nigga." I said as I dapped him up.

Kehlani.

Watching Aug and his brother get reunited made me feel good. It was nice to see him interact with someone in his family.

"Baybeh this is Travis my brudda." August said as I reached my hand out only for him to pull me into a hug.

"We don't do handshakes around hea'." He chuckled.

"I'm Kehlani."

"Kehlani. I like that." He said as he stared me up and down.

"Yeah so do I." August added as he gave Travis a side eyed stare.

"August? Baby is that you?" A brownskinned woman with short hair asked as she walked out of the kitchen.

"Yeah mama it's me." He managed to say before she ran over and hugged him.

"August I missed you so much."

"I missed you too mama and I got somebody I want you to meet." He spoke as I stepped closer to him.

"Mama this is Kehlani, baybeh this is my mama."

"Hi Ma'am." I said as I reached to shake her hand and received another hug.

"Call me Sheila." She said politely.

"And who is this cutie?" Ms. Sheila asked referring to Kennedy.

"This is Kennedy." I said as I picked her up.

"Oh you have a daughter that's cute." Ms. Sheila said hesitantly.

"Actually mama Kennedy is my baby." Aug said as I watched Ms. Sheila's mouth drop.

"C'mon y'all dinner's ready." Chandra shouted from the kitchen.

August.

It was nice seeing everyone and dinner was going well but as soon as everyone was finished my mama asked to speak to me.

I followed her into the upstairs hallway so no one would hear us and was soon bombarded with questions.

"August who is that girl? You claiming her baby too? You better not still be selling." She asked in an agitated tone.

"I knew it wouldn't be long before you started judging me."

"Aug, I'm not judging you I just wanna know what's going on with my son."

"Ok well then you should know I'm in love with Lani and you're going to be having a new daughter-in-law very soon."

"And what about the baby?"

"Kennedy is not Lani's baby she's mine but that's another story for another time. Just know you have another grand daughter who needs you."

"Boy how am I supposed to deal with all of this at once?" She sighed.

"The same way you dealt with Chandra and the girls." I said sternly.

We walked back downstairs and everything went well. To my surprise my mama had a conversation with Lani and even played with Kennedy for a little while.

I caught up with Travis and he told me that him and his girlfriend are expecting and I was happy for him then he asked me a question I gladly knew the answer to.

"So when you and KehKeh having a baybeh?"

"Don't be making corny ass nicknames for my girl nigga." I chuckled.

"And soon she just don't know it yet." I smirked as I watched her talk to Chandra.

"She just don't know it yet."

-
I am sooo sorry this chapter took so long to publish but I just started school so y'all know how that go. But make sure to vote and comment to let me know what you think.- Shay