Chapter 18.

Kehlani.

"August you know I hate planes." I sighed.

"Don't you wanna marry me?"

"Yes but-"

"Then we gotta fly to Oakland baybeh. End of discussion." He said as he got up leaving the room.

Me and August have been arguing for the past 2 days about how we're going to go about getting married and it's honestly getting frustrating. Since I'm still 17 I need a guardian's permission to marry Aug. He wants to just fly to Oakland and shove the permission papers in my aunt's face but I want to wait until I'm 18 which is in 3 months.

Any other time I would love to go to Oakland but I couldn't go because I hadn't told my aunt about me and Aug's engagement yet and I knew if I just popped up at her door and told her she would flip out on both of us.

"August I'm not tryna argue about this. I just wanna wait until I'm 18, you can't wait 3 more months?"

"I'm not arguing with you Lani I just wanna know why you can't just get the papers and have your aunt sign them." He said in a serious tone.

"Because I haven't told her yet. I haven't told her about our engagement because she'll go crazy, besides I wanna wait until I'm 18 then I can make decisions for myself, as a grown woman."

"I thought she would've been the first person you would've told and haven't you been grown for a while now?" He chuckled.

"It's not funny August I'm serious." I pouted.

I watched as he got closer to me and pecked my lips while I was still pouting.

"I'm sorry baybeh I just want to marry the girl I love. When did that become so difficult? So what if you 2 years younger than me you seen more shit than the average person will in their entire lives." He sighed.

"I know August but can't we just wait? It's only 3 months."

"Fine baybeh if that's whatchu' want we can wait."

August.

Lani thought I was ok with waiting but I'm not. I started thinking of how I was going to get to Oakland and back without her noticing. I was just planning on going to Oakland and talking to her aunt then getting her to sign the papers so we can get married.

The next day as soon as Lani left I called one of my friends and asked him if he could get my jet started up. When I arrived at the airport I hopped on the jet, it would only take me 2 hours to get to Oakland since I was the only one on here.

I got to Oakland and called Lani's aunt since I got her number from Lani's phone last night. She told me her address and I caught a cab there.

I knocked on the door and waited until she opened the door. She looked at me weird and let me in.

"August why are you here? I thought you and Lani were coming to see me."

"Well it's just me Ms.Krystal. I came here to talk to you about Lani though."

"Umm ok."

"Well on New Years Eve I purposed to her and she said yes." I said with a small smile on my face.

"Oh...that's nice." She said with a look of sadness on her face.

"Yeah it is but I need your help with something."

"With?"

I took the papers out of my pocket and gave them to her. I watched as she frowned as she read them.

"August I understand that you love my niece but I cannot sign these papers." She sighed.

"Can I ask why Ms. Krystal?"

"I just can't. Now if you'll excuse me I have things to do." She said as she went to the door to let me out.

I sat on the plane and thought about what just happened. Maybe I should've listened to Lani in the first place. I was so sure of myself that I just flew to another state but at least I did it for love.

Kehlani.

I walked in the house and saw Aug sitting on the balcony with his coat on so I let Kennedy sleep in her carseat while I went to join him.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked as I noticed the worried expression on his face.

"Nothing just stressed."

"You have any luck finding a job?"

"Nah I haven't found nothing yet."

I went back in the house and picked Kennedy up and went upstairs. Aug appeared in the doorway of our room with a even sadder look on his face.

"Baybeh I gotta talk to you and promise me you won't get mad." He said as he sat on the bed.

"I promise."

"I flew out to Oakland and talked to your aunt today."

"You did what!" I yelled as I started to get angry.

"Relax baybeh she didn't sign the papers."

"Relax! How the hell can I relax when you did something I told you not to." I snapped.

I don't know how Aug think he's gonna get over this. He went against his word and talked to my aunt just when I thought me and her were starting to get along.

-
This chapter was kind of crappy but I had to fill y'all in. -Shay