Chapter 27.

Kehlani.

I sat in Aug's room and watched him sleep. These past couple of days have really shown me how I feel about him as a person and not just my fiance. I looked at him as he would try to turn a little but that only caused him more pain. I could tell he was helpless but his doctor told me to just let the medicine and nature take it's course.

I moved my chair closer to his bed as he started to wake up. I looked down at myself and realized I looked a hot mess. I had been so focused on August I hadn't gotten time to go home and take a actual hot shower because I was afraid if I left something would happen to him.

"Hey baby." I said as Aug's eyes slowly opened.

"You still here?" He asked as I noticed he was starting to sound better.

"Yep. I haven't left." I smiled.

"But what about visiting-"

"I worked that out with your doctor." I giggled thinking about the temper tantrum I had to throw in order for her to let me stay.

"How are you feeling?"

"I should be asking you that Aug."

"I know but I'm serious I was worried about you."

"You just got shot 3 times and you were worried about me?"

"Yeah that's how it is when you love someone."

"Yeah you're right."

"How long am I gonna be in here?"

"4 more days."

"That's all?"

"Yep. I was shocked too."

"So where's everybody else?" He asked as he looked around.

"Cha closed the shop for the day so she could bring the girls here. Including Kennedy."

"I'on want my baybeh to see me like this."

"I don't either but she misses her daddy."

"And what about my other baby?"

"I have a doctors appointment later on today actually."

"Damn I wish I could be there."

"I know but you have your phone don't you?"

"Yes why?"

"I could always facetime you into the appointment."

"Yeah do that." He smiled a little.

Lisha.

"Did y'all kill him?"

"Nah boss I'on think so we just wanted to give him something to think about."

"Good. Operation get my baby back is going well. Time to put our next plan in motion."

"What's her name?"

"Kehlani Parrish. Find her." I said before hanging up the phone.

August.

I sat in my room and stared at the t.v. blankly until I heard small knocks on the door.

"Uncle Augggg." I heard the three voices say.

"Hey y'all."

"What's wrong Uncle Aug?" Amaya asked.