The Wedding.

Kehlani.

I woke up the next morning and tried to process everything from the night before.

"Wake up baby girl it's your wedding day." My grandma said as she shook me lightly.

"Good morning grandma." I said as I stretched getting out of bed.

"Are you excited sweetheart?" My gramdma asked.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I said blankly.

Honsestly, I wasn't excited at all. I thought the day I married August would be the happiest day of my life but it wasn't because I had to worry about a fight possibly breaking out.

"Heyyyy Lani." Cha yelled as she and the girls entered my room.

"Hey Cha hey y'all."

"Hi Auntie Lani." They all said in unison.

"Where's Uncle Aug?" KayKay asked.

"He went to stay in a hotel room until the wedding."

"Yeah Kay it's bad luck for a groom to see the bride before a wedding."

"Ohhh now I get it." Kay said as she nodded.

"You excited sis?"

"After everything that happened last night? I don't know."

"Well it's a brand new day now. It's your wedding day. Just take a deep breath and think about walking down the aisle to your new husband." Cha said as I smiled.

I got up and simply said "I'm getting married in 6 hours." and smiled.

August.

I stood and looked out the window as the people ran around the pool at the hotel.

During the night I had time to really think about my life.

A year and a half ago I was on the streets selling drugs then I was homeless. It was amazing how life changed the next week. The week after I was homeless I met the most wonderful woman I had ever met in my entire life.

We've had some trying times and she's been there through all of it.

I truly am in love.

Kehlani.

"Don't cry honey you're gonna mess your make up before the wedding." My make up artist said.

"I can't help it Mila." I chuckled as I cried tears of joy.

As I got the finishing touches put on my make up Cha, Ms. Sheila, the girls, and my grandma walked in wearing their dresses.

"Y'all look so pretty." I said to the girls as they walked in with their flower girl dresses and flower baskets.

"Thank you." They all smiled.

I went into the bathroom and changed into my wedding dress.

When I walked out of the bathroom I was greeted by a bunch of 'oohs' and 'ahhs'.

"You look like a angel." KayKay said as she looked at me in awe.

"You ready to head to the venue?" Cha asked as my grandma placed a tiara on my head.

"I surely am."

August.

Me and my friends were in the back of the limo on our way to the venue as we all laughed and drank.