Chapter 28.

August.

"Come on baby you have to get up." Lani sighed as she sat next to me in the hospital.

"I would if it didn't hurt so much." I groaned.

"Well I guess you don't wanna leave today." She said nonchalantly.

"Call the nurse and ask her to bring me some medicine and my discharge papers please." I asked.

Me and Lani have been in this hospital for 5 days straight and we were both sick of it. Between the pain I was in and Lani's hormones kicking in we were both irritated and ready to leave.

"Mr. Alsina I have your discharge papers and a prescription from the doctor for your medicine." The nurse smiled.

"A prescription? But my hip hurts now." I snarled.

"I understand that sir but-"

"I want my medicine." I said sternly.

"Aug stop." Lani said.

"Bae I just want some medicine so I won't be in pain while we in the car." I pleaded.

"And she can't give you that August." Lani said as she frowned at me.

"You know what fine. I guess we can stop at the pharmacy on the way home." I sighed.

"I'll be back with your wheelchair to escort you out." The nurse said as she left out.

Kehlani.

I drove to the pharmacy with a very agitated August next to me. We didn't speak most of the ride because I didn't want the stress on me or him.

Once we arrived at the pharmacy I went in and got Aug's medicine, along with a few snacks.

"Here." I said as I passed him a bag of chips and a soda.

"What's wrong with you ma?"

"Nothing." I said keeping my eyes on the road.

"Nah you know I don't wanna hear that 'nothing' excuse now what's wrong?"

"I'm just tired that's all."

"Well I'll take my medicine so I can play with Kennedy while you get some rest."

"Thanks." I smiled a little.

When we got home Cha was already there waiting with Kennedy since the girls were in school.

"It's good to see you standing up Aug." Cha said as she gave him a hug.

"It's good to be able to stand up." He said as Kennedy reached for him to pick her up.

"Hey baybeh girl." He said as he played with her hand and bounced her around a little.

She laughed and smiled until she got tired and started to whine for me.

"Y'all never put her down do y'all?" Cha asked as we made our way in the house.

"Nope."

"I don't know how she's gonna do in 8 months." I laughed.

"How was your appointment?" Cha asked.

"I'll tell you about it later I'm tired." I said as I plopped down onto the couch.

"Okay y'all I gotta go open the shop back up soon so I'll be back with the girls." She said as she left out.

Aug sat down next to me and kissed my neck and told me I needed some rest but I had too much to do to just go to sleep.

After about 10 minutes of debating with Aug I finally decided to go upstairs and get some sleep.

August.

I laid on the couch with Kennedy laying on top of me when my phone rang.

"Hello."

"Hi August. It's Lisha." I heard her say.

"Lisha what do you want?"

"Well you see I've ran into some trouble and I was wondering if I could get Kennedy back?" She asked in a worried tone.

"Why would I give you my baby if you in trouble?"

"Because she needs a mother."

"She has the best mother she could have."

"Oh right your little girlfriend. She didn't give birth to her."

"But she is raising her. Now what's the real reason you're calling me."

"I want my baby."

"You gave her to me."

"Well the court papers should be arriving soon." She said before hanging up.

Then I started wodering how she got my number and how she knew where I lived. The longer I thought about it the more I started to feel like she had something to do with me getting shot. It sounded crazy at first but the tone of her voice sounded like she would do anything to get Kennedy back.

I laid and watched Kennedy's eyes starting to close I thought about the conversation I had with Lisha and decided she was not getting Kennedy back if I had anything to do with it.

Kehlani.

When I woke up Aug told me about Lisha I was everything but happy. One thing I didn't like was for someone to mess with my family and that's exactly what she was doing.

"So you think Lisha got you shot?"

"I think she wanted me killed."

"Who would want their child's father killed just so she can get her back?"

"I don't know bae but can I ask you something?" He said with a serious look.

"Of course."

"What if we go to court and I don't win custody of Kennedy?"

I took a deep breath because I couldn't even think about losing Kennedy.

"That won't happen because we have proof that you have been raising her and providing everything that she needs to live a happy life." I said calmly.

"I can't believe we going through some shit again." Aug sighed.

"It's gonna work out for us again too. Don't worry."

I was trying to keep Aug as calm as possible when in reality I was freaking out. I have been helping Aug raise Kennedy as if she were my own and the thought of not having her around made me mad. What's worst is that if Lisha tries to do something to Aug again I can't help him get back at her because I'm pregnant and the last thing I would want to do is lose both of my kids.

-
This chapter was something else smh.

Do y'all really think Lisha taking Aug to court?

Should Lani be as mad as she is?

Don't y'all just love Chandra? Lol.-Shayy