Chapter 12.

August and Lani's house in the MM.

August.

As we pulled up to the salon I noticed it was already alot of women in there. I got out and got Kennedy as Lani put her smock on. When we walked in we were greeted by Chandra.

"Goodmorning y'all."

"Hey Cha." I spoke as I sat down in a chair.

"Aug, why are you still here?" She said as she laughed.

"He said he wanted to spend the day with me and Kennedy." Lani added as she picked Kennedy up from her carseat.

"Mhm, ok but you better not distract my clients."

"I won't Cha, they seen a man before...I hope." I said as Chandra busted out laughing. "Whea' my nieces at?" I said realizing I spoke too soon as they all ran over to me.

"Uncle Auggggg!" They all screamed but Kayden was the loudest, of course.

"How y'all doing? Y'all enjoying winter break?"

"It's fun." Noonie said.

"Yeah it's fun." Chay added.

"They lying uncle Aug, it's boringg." Kay yelled.

"Why you gotta be so loud baybeh girl?" I asked.

"She naturally loud, like her daddy." Chandra said as she played with Kayden's hair.

Kehlani.

As I waited for someone to get their hair washed I watched as every woman who entered the shop stare at August. I knew he was fine but damn can my baby have his face back? One woman walked in and I noticed Aug tried to cover his face, she walked over to her stylist chair and sat down as I got up to ask Aug what was wrong.

"What's wrong baby?" I said as I played in his hair.

"What you mean?"

"When that woman walked in, you covered your face. Why?"

"Well hello August." Me and him both looked up and saw her standing in front of us.

"Uhh baybeh, this is my boss Alaina, Alaina this is my girl Kehlani."

"Nice to meet you." We both spoke as he shook hands.

"August I thought you were sick."

"I am see, cough cough." He said sarcastically.

"Mhm, well I guess I'll see you tomorrow." She said as she walked out the door.

I watched Aug and his boss talk and for some reason I got a bad vibe from her. It was just the way she looked at him that made me uncomfortable but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I was gonna be on the look out for her just in case she decides to try something with August.

"Aug I want you to watch out for her ok?"

"Why?"

"I don't know I just get this vibe from her and I don't like it."

"Well she seem cool to me."

"Well you work for her so I guess you would know what's best but let me know if she tries anything with you."

"She won't."

"How you know?"

"Cause she know I belong to you and I don't need anybody else."

"Aww babe that's sweet." I said as I leaned down and kissed him softly. "But I'm serious. Watch out for her, I don't wanna have to kill somebody."

"Again." He whispered in my ear then started laughing.

August.

I sat at this desk outside of Alaina's office looking through the files of musicians and dancers when I started to think about my baybeh and how we met. Then all of a sudden a plan popped into my head. I was gonna get somebody at this record label to listen to her music. She wasn't the type of person that was all about the glitz and glamour and her music resembled that. She had the ability to sing as loud as she could and to sing as soft as she could. Shit, my baybeh had the voice of a angel and the world needed to hear it.

I took out my phone and texted her as I got up to go into Alaina's office.

"Alaina can I talk ta' you fa' a minute?"

"Sure August." She said as she got up and sat on the edge of her desk. "Whatcha' wanna talk about."

"You remember you met my girl Kehlani right?"

"Yes, what about her?"

"Well you see she has this amazing singing voice and I was wondering if you could just-"

"No."

"You'on even know what I was gonna ask."

"Yes I do and my answer is no."

"Well can I ask why?"

"Because I don't give out record deals and I especially don't give them to wash girls at hair salons." She said with disgust.

I got up and walked out I sat back down at my desk and balled my fist. I'm tired of everything going wrong when I try to help people. One person I refuse to give up on is Lani.

"Oh and August don't forget you have to work until 9 today." I sighed as I mean mugged her.

How was I supposed to remember something she didn't tell me in the first place. She had me working overtime everyday for no reason. She had me working 2,3, and sometimes 4 hours longer than I supposed to but she didn't care, of course.

Kehlani.

I sat in the bed with Kennedy next to me with a pen and a notepad. Aug texted me earlier telling me to write a song and that he had a plan but I was completely stuck, I had the worst writers block ever. Every time I looked at the paper my mind went blank. I looked down at Kennedy and pouted.

"What should I write mama?"

She just looked up at me with the same blank stare she gives August and started laughing. As I watched her and thought about everything me and August had already been through the words just started coming to me. I grabbed the notepad and started writing.

Bestfriends or lovers, can't seem to draw the line between each other.
What is defined means nothing to a
brother,you just don't give a damn that's why I think I think I love ya'.

I wrote and sang at the same time, I looked over at Kennedy who was laughing and smiling so hard she was starting to drool.

I picked her up and bounced her around as she laughed along with me. I was just happy I was finally getting back to my passion and love for singing.

-
Lani finally found a song *gives her a round of applause*

What y'all think about Alaina?

I think she might have something up her sleeve lol.

Well y'all know what to do.

***VOTE & COMMENT***