Chapter 26.

August.

I had to work tonight so I told Lani about how Sneak told me Lisha was planning on getting Kennedy back. She decided to go over Cha's house and spend the night so she wouldn't chance anything happening to her, Kennedy, or the baby she was carrying.

I just got off work and walked to the back of the club to change my clothes. I had just taken my shirt off when I heard a bunch of noise rushing toward me. I turned around and saw 3 big men dressed in all black. I took my gun out of my pants and aimed it at them but before I could say anything the whole room went black and silent.

Kehlani.

I laid in the bed of the spare room Cha had and watched t.v. I kept checking my phone to see if Aug had texted me to let me know he was home safe but he hadn't sent anything yet.

"You still up?" Cha whispered careful not to wake Kennedy up.

"Yeah I can't sleep." I groaned.

"Oh I meant to ask you did you get that test we were talking about?"

"Yep I sure did." I paused before smiling at her. "Auntie Chandra."

I watched as her face lit up as she leaned down to hug me.

"Congratulations sweetheart."

"Thanks Cha." I smiled.

"Well I gotta get some sleep. Gotta be at the salon bright and early tomorrow." She sighed.

"Okay goodnight Cha."

"Goodnight boo."

Just as I got comfortable in the bed my phone rang assuming it was August I answered on the first ring.

"Hello."

"Yes is this Kehlani Parrish?" A woman said on the other line.

"Yes it is who's calling?"

"I'm calling to inform you that August Alsina just came in with to the hospital and we need you here immeadiately."

I froze.

I didn't know what had happened or if Aug was okay. As the woman gave me the address to the emergency room tears ran down my face as I got up and ran to Cha's room.

"Aug's in the hospital! I have to go now!" I yelled as a look of sorrow appeared upon her face.

"Go get dressed girl. I got Kennedy just call me as soon as you know something."

I ran back in the room and searched through the bag I had packed, throwing on whatever I could find.

Cha let me use her car and as I drove frantically all I could do was pray that August was going to be okay.

August.

"Aye man how you been?" My brother Mel asked.

"I been better." I chuckled.

"Yung' as much as I wanna see you it ain't yo' time yet. Get back down there with the people you love I'a be alright." Mel said as his voice started to fade away.

Kehlani.

I ran into the hospital and asked the nurse where he was only to have her tell me to sit in the waiting room.

I sat for 15 minutes, then 30,40, a hour, 3 hours when a tall female doctor approached me.

"Are you Kehlani Parrish?"

"Yes I am."

"Hi I'm doctor Middleton I just wanted to let you know that August's surgery went well and you should be able to see him soon."

"What exactly happened to him?" I asked in a worried tone.

"He was involved in a shooting. Apparently there was a shooting at the place he works and it seemed that August was the target." She spoke as I got teary eyed.

"Can I see him now?"

"You will be notified when he's in recovery. You'll be able to see him then."

"Alright." I said as I sat back down.

As I waited I decided to call Cha to let her know what happened.

"Hey sweetie is Aug okay?"

"H-he was shot." I said as I started to cry just thinking about the words that came out of my mouth.

"Oh my god is he okay?"

"I don't know yet the doctor said his sugery went well though."

"Well that's good hang in there sis. Text me the address and I'll meet you there tommorow."

"Alright thanks Cha."

August.

I woke up to the sound of machinces beeping and people talking over top of me.

"Where was he shot?" A blurred image of a man asked.

"In the shoulder,hip, and just under his ribcage."

"Wow well he's lucky to be alive. Is anyone here for him?" Another man asked as he checked my blood pressure.

"Yes I'll go get her."

Once I heard that I knew my baybeh was here to see me. It didn't matter how much pain I was soon going to be in I needed to see her.

I watched as she walked in and grabbed my tightly.

"Baby can you hear me?"

"He can hear you and he should be able to talk to you but he might fall asleep because of the medicine we have him on." The tall woman who I now knew was my doctor explained.

"Baby I'm so sorry this had to happen to you." Lani said as she began to cry.

"Baybeh?" I groaned.

"Yes?"

"I'm okay. I love you alright?" I spoke as my voice sounded raspier than the last time.

"I love you too baby." She said as she grabbed my hand a little tighter, this time kissing it. "I love you so much."

That was what I heard as my eyes got heavier and I started to fall asleep.

-

This chapter was sooo hard to type :'( but Aug is going to be okay.

Who do you think shot him?

How y'all feel about Lani's pregnancy?

Do y'all think Sneak was lying to August?

Let me knowww-Shayy