Chapter 11.

Kehlani.

I opened my eyes and looked at the sun shining brightly in my face. Me and Aug were still laying in the bed together from last night. I laid there watching him sleep, he looked so peaceful. It was amazing how he stayed calm through everything we had been through these last few months I know he was staying calm for me but some days he looked like he was just ready to break down.

I honestly would understand if he did break down. He been dealing with moving into this house, paying the bills,working long hours at this job I can tell he hates, and taking care of Kennedy. On top of all that he still hasn't talked to his mother. He hasn't really talked to anybody in his family since she kicked him out, the only person that didn't turn on him was Chandra. Me and Aug both were thankful for her and all she's done to help us.

As for my family I barely talk to anyone. My little sisters call sometimes to tell me they miss me but they can't talk for long. When my aunt found out I moved to New Orleans our relationship was strained and when she found out I moved to be with August she stopped talking to me for good.

Sure it hurt to have the one person who raised me as a child stop talking to me but I've been through worst situations.

"Goodmorning baybeh." August said in a sleepy voice.

"Hey sleepy head." I said as I played with his hair.

"You da' reason I was still sleep, you know you ain't have ta' put it on a nigga like that." He laughed putting his face in the crook of my neck.

"August you really have seen nothing yet." I said watching him make a face which caused me to bust out laughing.

"Yo ass tryna kill me, I'm convinced of it." He said chuckling.

"Nah 'cause you handle my ass pretty well last night."

"And I always will." He said biting his lip causing me to blush.

August.

I came downstairs and saw Lani wearing one of my shirts cooking breakfast.

"I called in sick from work today." I said as I kissed her neck.

"Why?"

"Cause I wanna spend time witchu' and my baybeh."

"Well I have to work today."

"Can't you call in sick?" I said as I gripped her ass in my hands.

"August, this is my 2nd day on the job I can't call in sick." She laughed.

"Then I guess I'll just have to go get Kennedy and come to the shop with you."

"Really August?"

"Yup, lemme go get her now."

Kehlani.

When August left out I went upstairs to get ready for work. I had placed our plates of food in the refrigerator for when he gets back. I put my hair up in a bun and got in the shower. The hot water made me feel better because I was a little sore from last night.

When I stepped out I wrapped my towel around me and began to brush my teeth. After I was finish I went into our bedroom and looked in my closet. This house was big enough for me and Aug to both have our own closets, even Kennedy had a walk-in closet. I picked out my black shirt, black jeans, and black shoes. After I put my clothes on I heard the front door shut.

"Baybeh whea' you at?"

"I'm upstairs babe."

He walked into the room holding Kennedy. Luckily Chandra had already got her dressed for me so I wouldn't have to worry about that. As soon as Aug got close enough to me I scooped Kennedy up.

"I can't never hold my baybeh for 5 minutes around you."

"That is not true at all." I laughed sarcastically.

"Yes it is you always coming around hea' picking her up."

"Fine, you wanna hold her? Here." I said as I handed Kennedy to him.

She looked up at Aug then back at me before her lip started to quiver, before I knew it she was in tears. I truly don't know how he handled her without me.

"Aww come here baby." I said as I picked her up and placed her on my chest as she stopped crying immeadiately.

"That's some bullshit." Aug frowned.

"No it's not I guess she's just not a daddy's girl yet."

"Yeah I guess she still a lah' mommy's girl." Aug said as I turned around and looked at him.

This was the first time August or anyone else for that matter has called me Kennedy's mom. I was ok with her not being my real baby and I was preparing myself for the day she started talking, but when Aug referred to me as her mother I didn't know what to do.

I layed Kennedy in her crib and went into the bathroom. I placed my hands on the sink as tears rolled down my eyes. 8 months ago I was a struggling 17 year old artist who was singing to make ends meet. I never thought that 8 months later I would be living in New Orleans with a man that I love and his baby. I also never thought that my whole life would've changed when I moved down here, I planned on working on my music and helping August but since I've gotten here all I've been doing is playing 'wifey' and I haven't even had time to start writing a song yet.I knew August wasn't taking advantage of me being here because he's been just as busy as I've been.

I wiped my face and looked in the mirror before walking back into the room.

"Baby you aight?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said while sniffling lowly. "We have to go now."

-

This chapter was kinda boring but I had to let y'all know where Lani was coming from and how she was dealing with everything. -Shay

***VOTE & COMMENT***