Chapter 21.

Kehlani.

"You are my sunshine,my darling sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey." I sang to Kennedy as she looked up at me.

"Baybeh why you up so early?" Aug spoke as I looked over at the clock seeing it was only 3 am.

"I couldn't sleep so I came to check on Kennedy and accidentally woke her up." I said as I looked up at Aug.

"And she still hasn't gone to sleep yet?" He asked as he came over and picked Kennedy up.

"Nope I don't think she wants to go to sleep."

"Let me try to get her to go to sleep so you can get some rest baybeh."

"Ok, thanks Aug." I said as I left out of Kennedy's room.

As I was going into me and Aug's room I heard singing which made me go stand behind Kennedy's door so Aug wouldn't see me.

"The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout, down came the rain and washed the spider out." He sang as he watched Kennedy's eyes close before laying her back in her crib.

When he was leaving out he jumped a little when he saw me.

"Why didn't you tell me you could sing?" I whispered.

"Cause I didn't want nobody to know." He whispered back.

I waited until we walked into our bedroom before questioning him again.

"So you had me walking around here singing when you knew you could sing?"

"Yep."

"Why?" I whined.

"Stop whining like a lah' baybeh and I ain't tell you 'cause I don't want to sing."

"But you should. You have the voice of an angel."

"No."

"You're so stubborn Aug."

"Oh well."

"At least think about it. Please? For me?" I spoke as I pouted looking up at him.

"Aight I'a think about it but don't get yo hopes up." He sighed.

"Yay thank you baby."

"Sure whatever. Can we go to sleep now?"

"Of course." I said as I snuggled close to him.

August.

"Ooh baby what about this one? Those colors are really pretty." Lani said as she flipped through a wedding magazine.

"Baybeh I ain't the wedding type so you plan everything out and I'll make sure the food is right."

"Greedy ass." She mumbled.

"Whatever." I chuckled.

"Oh I gotta call Cha and ask her if she thinks these colors are nice since somebody won't help me." She said as she looked at me.

"That's a good idea Cha can be your lah' wedding planner and you can call me to taste the food." I said as she gave me a straight face making me laugh.

"I'a be back." I said as I kissed her forehead and grabbed my keys.

I drove to this new nightclub that was opening soon and walked inside.

I saw a girl cleaning the bar and asked her where the owner was. I walked to the back where a office was located and walked in.

"Hello are you Mr. Johnson?"

"Yes you must be August." He said as he motioned for me to sit down.

"Oh and Mr. Johnson is my dad you can just call me Rick." He laughed.

"Ok...Rick." I chuckled.

"So what job position are you applying for?" He asked.

Kehlani.

I sat on the couch with Kennedy in between my legs as we watched tv. I was amazed because not only did Kennedy have the attention span to watch a show she seemed to actually be into it.

"You like this show don't you mama?" I asked as I played with her soft hair.

I watched as she focused on the show and started laughing.

"One thing Aug did do was make a smart baby." I laughed as she started to whine.

"Aww come here baby." I said as I picked her up and kissed her cheeks.

"You spoil ha' too much." Aug said as he walked through the door.

"Hey baby where you been?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. You know that new club that's about to open up?"

"Yeah the club Vex?"

"Yep and you're looking at the new bartender."

"Aww babe that's great." I said as I reached up and hugged him.

"Thank you."

"So when do you start?"

"Opening night is friday."

"What hours will you work?"

"11 pm to 7 am."

"But I leave for work at 7:30 and I don't get back until at least 6." I pouted.

"Don't worry baybeh we'll spend time together I promise." He reassured me.

"Ok that's good because Cha's having a big family dinner Sunday."

"Family? Who gonna be there?"

"I don't know she wouldn't tell me."

"Oh well I just hope it ain't nobody that's gonna judge me, it has been almost a year since I talked to anybody in my family."

"Yeah and look at the brightside I might get to meet them." I smiled.

"Yeah." He chuckled a little.

-

August got a job!! *gives round of applause*

Dinner coming in the next chapter-Shay