.Chapter 16.

August.

"Uncle Augggg wake upppp." I heard three small voices say.

I peeked one eye open then closed it back.

"We saw you Uncle Aug." Chay said crossing her arms.

I kept my eyes shut until I felt someone crawling on top of me and another person force my eye open. When I opened my eyes fully I saw Kennedy sitting on top of me drooling and Kayden holding my eye open.

"How did Kennedy get in here?" I said looking at all of them.

"I carried her in here." Chay said.

"Yeah she wanted to say Merry Christmas." Noonie said as she playfully squeezed Kennedy's thigh.

"Now come on Uncle Aug!" Kayden yelled while she grabbed my hand.

"Chay go take Kennedy downstairs fa' me and be careful."

"Ok." She said as she struggled to pick Kennedy up as all of them left the room.

I got up and showered and brushed my teeth. When I went in my closet I saw a sweater and a note from Lani.

Put this on please Kennedy had one on too put she spit baby food all over it lol.
Your Baby,
Lani

I sighed then slid the sweater on. I walked downstairs and saw the girls and Kennedy on the couch.

"Merry Christmas." I said as I kissed their foreheads.

I walked in the kitchen and saw Lani and Cha cooking.

"Merry Christmas Cha."

"Merry Christmas Aug." She smiled.

"Merry Christmas baybeh." I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Good morning aww don't you look cute." She said as she pinched my cheeks.

"Cha, when we opening gifts?" I asked.

"When the food is done." She said as she put the macaroni & cheese on the table.

We sat around until the food was done then Cha announced we could open our presents.

The girls opened their gifts first and they all got a new bike from me and a necklace and earring set from Lani. Then I helped Kennedy open her gifts but all she was interested in was the wrapping paper. I wanted to get her a couple of toys since she wouldn't remember her first Christmas but Lani decided she was gonna go all out.

Cha opened her gift that was from me and Lani which were 3 necklaces. One had a C on it, another with a A and another with a K for Chaylin, Amaya, and Kayden.

Lani insisted on me opening my gift first and when I finally did I was shocked.

"Baybeh this is Mel." I said as I looked down at the chain with a locket that held a picture of Mel inside of it.

"Yeah baby I know, Chandra gave me a picture of him to use."

I looked at the locket and started to get emotional. I don't cry over a lot of things but I miss my brother like hell and it hurts the most on the holidays.

"Baybeh this is beautiful thank you." I said as I hugged her tightly while sniffling.

Kehlani.

After August opened his gift it was time for me to open mine from him. He handed me a small blue box and I took my time opening it because I was nervous for what was inside. Once I got the ribbon off I opened it and saw a pair of diamond earrings and a diamond chain with a A on it.

"August this is soo cute thank you." I said as I hugged him.

I think he knew I thought it was gonna be a ring but if he wasn't ready yet I wasn't gonna be the one to rush him.

After everyone left I helped Aug put all of Kennedy's toys up while she slept in her crib.

"Did you like your gift baybeh?"

"Yeah especially the chain."

"Well don't you think ya' man deserve a kiss?"

"Fine August." I said as I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him.

When I got upstairs I fell into the bed. I had been up since 6 a.m. and all I wanted to do was sleep. Soon after I laid down I felt Aug get in the bed as I drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up and went downstairs I saw 4 people I hadn't seen in almost a year my Aunt Kryssie, my little sisters Carly and Alyssa, and Eddie.

"Laniiiii." My little sisters said as I hugged them as tight as I could.

"How did y'all get down here?"

"August flew us out." Eddie said.

"Hey beanhead." I said as I hugged him.

"Hi tsunami." He said sarcastically making me laugh.

"Where's Aug anyway?" I asked.

"He went to the store to get us breakfast, he should be back soon." Eddie said.

Everyone was enjoying being back together but my aunt Kryssie, she sat on the couch with a look of disgust. Just as I was about to ask her what was wrong I started to hear Kennedy whining upstairs.

After I came back downstairs with her Aug had already come back and gotten breakfast started.

"Goodmorning baby." I said as I gave him a passionate kiss.

"Don't start nothing you can't finish." He said in a low voice making me blush.

After we were all done eating I decided it would be a good time to talk to my aunt so I handed Kennedy to Aug and excused myself to the livingroom where she was sitting.

"Aunt Kryssie what's wrong? You haven't said 2 words to me since you've been here."

"I don't speak to people who I feel like have betrayed me."

"How did I betray you?"

"You left and ran down here for a man, a man and his baby you should've stayed in Oakland with your family that's all I was asking for."

"I couldn't have stayed in Oakland and you know that."

"But that's all you've ever known."

"Oakland is the place I grew up. Do I miss it? Of course. Do I miss the memories I have there? No."

"All of the memories you have are good and I refuse to listen to anything else." She said fanning her hand at me.

"All I remember in Oakland is struggle, pain and sadness because that's what happened everyday. I know you don't like the fact that I moved but I had too, if I didn't I would still be struggling, I would still have pain, and I would still be sad and whether you like it or not I'm the happiest in New Orleans with August than I ever could've been in Oakland."

"Oh mija." She spoke as she pulled me into a tight hug. "I never knew you felt like that."

"I know now I have to get back to everyone else." I said as I got up.

-
Aug brought Lani's family out aww.

What y'all think about Lani's gift to Aug?

How y'all feel about Aunt Kryssie?

Do you think Lani was right for standing up to her?

Comment to let me know what y'all think. -Shay