Chapter 23.

August.

"Did somebody order a apple martini?" I yelled out as a short girl walked up to me.

"I did." She said as she slid the 10 dollar bill towards me.

I examined her as she sat down on one of the bar stools and could tell she was drunk.

"So what's your name?" She slurred as she sipped her drink.

"August." I said not paying attention to her.

"Aww that's cute and so are you." She said as she leaned forward onto the bar.

"Next order please." I yelled trying to ignore her.

"I'm Miracle and I'm gonna take a guess and say you're single?" She spoke as she sat directly in front of me.

"No I'm engaged. Happily." I said sternly as I wiped the bar down.

"Oh well she's certainly a lucky girl now if you excuse me August I have to go my friends are calling me but you will be seeing me in here again." She said as she smirked at me. "Definetly will see me again."

I've been working at Vex for a week now and every night is the same thing if I'm not dealing with rude people I'm dealing with drunk women. Every night a girl has come and sat at this bar and tried to talk to me and all of them have gotten the same response to let them know I'm engaged.

It's hard being away from Lani and Kennedy but the tips here are adding up already the only downside is I have to be behind this bar all night every night and I can't even get a drink.

Kehlani.

"Hey bean head." I waved as Edward popped up on the screen.

"Hey Lani where's Kendall."

"Who? My baby's name is Kennedy."

"Oh yeah I forgot." He said sarcastically.

"Eddie I'm bored in this house all night I can't sleep because Aug isn't here and Kennedy goes to sleep at 8 so I have no one to hang out with." I pouted.

"Oh yeah how is Aug new job going anyway?"

"To be honest I don't know we haven't even gotten a chance to see each other at all this week."

"Wow Nami that has to be hard for you but you know I'm always here whenever you need me."

"I know Eddie but I'll talk to you later I think I hear Aug coming in now."

"Aight bye Nami."

I hung up as Aug walked in the room and sat his keys on the dresser.

"You still up baybeh?"

"Yeah I can't sleep."

"Well I'm here now so you don't have to stay up." He said as he walked into his closet.

"How was work tonight?" I asked as I got comfortable in the bed.

He walked out of the closet and handed me a small stack of cash as I looked at him funny.

"Are these your tips from this week?"

"Nope just tonight." He said nonchalantly.

"Aug this is 500 dollars."

"I know." He said as a grin appeared on his face.

"The ladies love you huh?" I giggled.

"Yup." He said as he laid next to me.

"Better make sure they ain't touching you."

"Baybeh I know better. I told all them girls I'm engaged to you and only have eyes for you."

"Good babe can we go to sleep now?"

"Sure." He said as he pecked my lips and sat his money on the nightstand.

August.

I walked past the long line and went inside the club preparing to get ready for the night.

As soon as the doors opened to the public the bar was full. Women were everywhere since it was ladies night and all women got in free and I noticed the same girl from a couple days ago was approaching me.

"Nice to see you again August." She smiled as she sat down.

"I guess it's nice to be seen." I said blankly.

"I'll have my usual." She said as she stared me up and down.

As I mixed her martini she continued to talk to me and didn't care if I wasn't answering her.

When the lights came on letting everyone know the club was closing she was still sitting there as I got closer I realized she was so drunk that she had fell asleep so I shook her until she woke up.

"It's time to go." I said as I looked at her.

"I'll call a uber in a couple of minutes can I have a glass if water?"

"I don't think it's safe for you to be on the streets this time of night waiting for a uber." I informed her as I poured her water.

"It's okay I've done it before." She assured me.

"Don't you normally come here with friends?" I asked as I put my elbows on the bar.

"Oh so you do listen to me." She giggled. "They didn't come with me tonight so I have no other way home." She sighed as she looked down at her glass.

I watched how sad she looked and started to feel bad for her.

"Come on I'll take you home." I said as I grabbed my keys.

"Thanks." She smiled as she got up.

Kehlani.

It's 5:00 am and Aug gets off at 3 so I'm starting to get worried.

"Hey babe call me to let me know that your safe. Talk to you soon. Love you." I spoke before hanging up.

I've left 4 voicemails and sent him about 5 texts in the two hours he supposed to be home.

Luckily I don't have to work on Saturday's so I can stay up but I don't like this feeling of not knowing where he is.

August.

"Wow so you have a baby?" She asked as I drank a small glass of water trying to sober up.

"Yeah a 8 month old baby girl. Love her like crazy."

"Aww you don't seem like the type to be a so called 'family man' you seem like the guy that's into the streets." She smirked as she drank a glass of wine.

"I used to be but my little girl and my fiance changed me." I said as I looked at my phone noticing it was almost 5:30.

"Well I have to go now it was nice talking to you." I said as I grabbed my keys and drank the last few sips of water in my cup.

When Me and Miracle got to her place she invited me in. I wasn't going to go but practically begged me.

We sat and talked over numerous glasses of wine while my phone charged.

"It was nice talking to you too August." She said as she stood on her tippie toes to hug me.

I walked outside and got into my car and looked at my phone noticing all the calls and texts I had.

"Damn." I mumbled as I pulled out of the parking lot.

-
This chapter is finally done and I must say Lani's not gonna be too happy with Aug.

Comment if y'all peeped how I added Miracle into the story.

What do y'all think of how Aug handled the whole 'taking her home' situation?

I'm working on another chapter right after I publish this so stay tuned.- Shayyyy