Chapter 29.

Kehlani.

"Aug can you past me that bag of cookies?"

"Didn't you just eat a slice of pizza?" He questioned.

"It's not for me." I laughed as he passed me the bag.

"You gonna blame this baby on everything?"

"Yup." I said as I gladly bit a cookie.

Me and Aug sat in our room as he played with Kennedy as we spent the day at home.

"Say dada baybeh you can do it." He said as he tried to convince Kennedy to talk but she wasn't having it.

"Why do you keep trying Aug? You know she's gonna talk when she's ready."

"But I want her to say dada now." He said as he pretended to pout.

"She's gonna say mama first anyway." I stated.

"What baby says mama first?" Aug raised an eyebrow.

"Kennedy."

"Oh yeah speaking of mama's this came in the mail earlier." Aug said as he handed me a envelope.

I read it and realized it was a summons to appear in court.

"She was serious?"

"Yeah she tryna' get full custody of her." Aug said as he read over the letter again.

"She's missed out on like 10 months of her life how is she gonna get full custody?" I asked.

"She's not and she knows it." Aug replied.

"Don't we need a lawyer or something?" I asked as I grabbed my phone to look one up.

"I got a lawyer, he's good too. Helped me get out of a couple sticky situations." He laughed.

"Okay then." I laughed. "Let's give him a call."

August.

We walked into the office and sat down.

"Hey August nice to see you again." My lawyer Dave said as he shook my hand.

"This is my fiance Kehlani." I said as he greeted her.

"So I understand that you're here because of a custody case?"

"Yes I have a daughter who I take care of full time and her mother recently sent me this." I said as I handed him the paper.

"By the looks of this it seems like she couldn't possibly get full custody but judges in New Orleans can be very lenient on mothers." He sighed.

"So she could get part time custody?" Lani asked in a worried tone.

"Well I'll do everything in my power to stop her but we'll just have to see how this plays out in court."

**4 Days Later**

Kehlani.

We walked into the courthouse and sat down and waited to be called. I looked over at Aug who looked more nervous than ever.

"Everything's gonna be fine babe." I said as I rubbed his back.

"I can't be too sure of that until the judge says it." He sighed.

"I know." I said as I leaned down and gently kissed his cheek.

We waited for a couple minutes until the clerk allowed us to enter the courtroom. When we walked in I saw a brownskinned woman with long weave and a very short skirt on the other side of the room and instantly knew that was 'Lisha' as I looked at her I couldn't believe Aug actually laid down and had a child with her.

She saw me staring at her and gave me a dirty look as I gave her one back. She said something to her lawyer as she got up and walked over to me and Aug.

"Hello August. And you are?" She said as she looked at me.

"Why do I feel like you already know me?" I snarled at her.

"Oh I do know you. You're the bitch that thinks she's my child's mother." She said as I stood up but was quickly sat back down by August.

August.

As the judge walked in and sat down he greeted us and asked Lisha why we were there.

"That man and his girlfriend are trying to keep me away from my baby." She said as she pointed to us.

"Your honor she gave Kennedy to me. I have the letter she wrote me right here." I said as I handed the baliff the letter

"This does say you wanted him to keep her because you couldn't take care of her." The judge agreed.

"Your honor he's taking care of a child he doesn't even know if she's his or not."

"I have the DNA test here that confirms she is my biological daughter." I said as I handed the baliff the results.

"Ma'am it seems that everything your saying isn't true."

"But it is. I just want to see my baby girl what's wrong with that? I've been working my ass off to get my living situation together for her to come home. Please your honor you have to understand this." Lisha said as she began to cry making me and Lani roll our eyes.

"Um excuse me your honor may I say something?" Lani asked.

"Yes you may." The judge smiled.

"From the moment he told me he had a child I have made it my main focus to make sure Kennedy has had everything she needs and wants. I have been there during every major milestone she's had this far and Alisha Green has not been there for any of it. Kennedy has helped me realize that you don't have to be a child's biological mother to love them just the same." Lani spoke as I looked at her in awe. I never knew she felt like that about Kennedy and to hear her say it made me feel good.

"Oh please you're only saying that because your having his baby. Only I can love her that much." Lisha scoffed.

"Well you surely haven't been there to show it." Lani scoffed back.

"You know what bitch-" Lisha started as she got cut off by the judge banging his gavel.

"I can clearly see that everyone in this room has lots of love to give this little girl, some more than others." He said as he looked at Lisha.
"But I have to give credit when it's due and the father of Kennedy will be awarded full custody."

"What?! I shot yo ass for nothing?!" Lisha screamed as she charged towards me while the baliff picked her up and escorted her into another room.

I slowly turned around to Lani as she jumped in my arms and hugged me tightly.

Then she stopped and looked at me.

"Did you hear what she said?"

-
This chapter had a lot of informatiom in it. I had to grab and cup and get some tea while writing it lol.

Do y'all think Lisha should've gotten custody?

What y'all think about Lani's statement?

Why do you think Lisha confessed and said she shot Aug?

Hope you enjoyed!!!-Shay