Chapter One

A/N: Elizabeth Olsen as Viper Fang/ Sydney Rodgers
Both my parents were killed in the destruction that the bomb brought. I live with my best friend, Sly Fox. We both really want to be Killjoys but Sly's parents won't let her. Or me. So we came up with a escape plan. We put food, supplies and our radio into a backpack. I put my green ray gun into the compartment on my back. Sly puts hers in the compartment on her hip. I put on camo pants, a black shirt and my leather jacket. I lace up my combat boots and twist my hair up into a bun. I throw on a baseball cap and we are ready to go. Sly puts the backpack on and opens her window.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask. She nods. Sly climbs out the window and I follow her. I walk slowly down the roof and and climb down the side by some ivy. I land next to Sly and we start walking.

I don't know how long we had been walking when we came upon a empty house. It looked like the family that lived there had either left or had been ghosted.

"Thank God. Let's stay here and we can move in the morning." Sly says. We walk in and look around to make sure there wasn't any B/L IND. The house was in perfect condition. The family must have really wanted to leave if they didn't bother taking any of their possessions. Or even lock the front door. Sly goes into the kitchen to look for food and I go upstairs. I walk up the staircase and check out some of the rooms. It definitely was a family. There was a little boys room. I go back downstairs.

"We hit the jackpot with food. The pantry and fridge is loaded." Sly says. We take out some food and eat it. We eat in silence and then go upstairs. We decide to share the master bedroom. I sleep in athletic shorts and a gray tank top. I keep my ray gun under the pillow, with my finger on the trigger.