Chapter Thirteen

*Slys POV*

ONE WEEK LATER

I was laying on the couch on Mikeys chest. I was tired and kept closing my eyes. Mikey was playing with my hair. I was so proud of him. He carried me basically everywhere and helped me so much. A knock at the door startles me awake. I open my eyes. 

"Come in." Mikey says and helps me sit up. Gerard sticks his head in.

"Dr. Death wants you guys in his office." Gerard says. He holds the door open for Mikey. Mikey picked me up and carried me down the hall. We entered the office and he set me down in a chair.

"Thank you for coming. Sly." He says to me. I look at him. "We have discovered a cure. It can treat your spine." Dr. Death says. I gasp and cover my mouth. Mikey puts his hand on my shoulder.  "I assume you want the treatment so your operation will be tomorrow morning. The operation will take at least two hours." 

"Thank you so much! I'll be there." I say. Mikey picks me up and carries me back to the dorm. He puts me down on the couch. He sits down and pulls me against him.

"You can walk again by tomorrow morning." He says sounding relieved. I turn my head and kiss him.

THE NEXT MORNING 

I wake up and Mikey hands me a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. I change under the covers and I redo my hair. Mikey picks me up and carries me down the stairs. I assume Viper found out because she ran up to us.

"Oh my God!! I can't believe they found a cure!! I'm so happy for you!!!" She says and runs away.

"Well she seemed energetic." Mikey says. I laugh and he brings me into the infirmary. 

"Thank you Mikey. Well take care of her. You may wait in the lounge." The doctor says. I kiss Mikey and he leaves. The doctor helps me into one of those flimsy gowns and I lay back on a operating table. 

"Ok Maya. We're going to give you anesthesia. You're going to be fine." The doctor says. She gives me a shot and then I fall asleep.

*Mikeys POV*

I paced and paced around the lounge. I knew the doctors were going to be super careful but I was still worried. I was so happy for her. I didn't mind carrying her around but I missed her energetic personality. When she would skip or attack me. I kept pacing. Gerard put his hand on my shoulder.

"Dude. You're going to get gray hair before she's done. Stop worrying." Gerard says. A pencil hits me in the head. I turn around and glare at Cherry Bomb. She threw it.

"Stop pacing. You know I hate that."  She snaps. I sit in a chair. After about ten minutes, the doctor walks out.

"Maya will be out in a few minutes." The doctor says. I get up and start pacing again.

"I swear to God I'm going to-" Cherry Bomb starts to say but she is interrupted by Maya walking out of the infirmary.  I run up to her and pick her up. She laughs as I spin her around.

"Are you ok?" I ask with my forehead pressed against hers. She nods and I kiss her hard. Everyone starts clapping.  The doctors give me some pain pills and I go to celebrate with my friends.