Chapter Ten

Mikey runs down the stairs and I hang on to his neck. He opens the door and a doctor brings a  bed over.

"Whats wrong?" She asks me. I felt really shaky.

"I can't feel my legs." I whisper.

"Ok sweetheart try to move your toes." The doctor tells me. I try but I can't. Mikey takes my hand.

"Ok sweetheart I am going to take a X-ray. Can you get onto your stomach?" Mikey gently rolls me over onto my stomach. She pushes my shirt up all the way up my back. I feel cold air on the bare skin. I feel something cold and metal run down my back.

"Sweetheart, you're spine is fractured." She pulls my shirt back down. Mikey helps me back onto my back. I doctor raises the bed up so I'm sitting up. 

"The ray gun blast must have hit you really hard and it fractured your spine. So I'm going to give you a cast to wear around your lower back. But sweetheart I'm so sorry. You may never walk again."  My mouth opens in shock and tears fill my eyes. The doctor gives me a cast and helps me get it secured. Mikey carries me back to the room. He puts me gently down on the bed. He goes to leave. I grab his wrist.

"Please stay with me." I say. Mikey goes into the bathroom and changes into basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I couldn't change. He turns off the lights and lays down next to me. He puts one arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer. He slides the other one under my stomach and I'm completely smashed against his chest. Tears slide down my cheeks.Mikey kisses the top of my head.

"Hey Maya." He says my real name. " I love you no matter what." 

" I love you too." I fall asleep with his scent in my nose and his arms holding me close.

Killjoys Never Dieजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें