Chapter Nineteen

*Vipers POV*

They untie me and drag me out of the room. They took me down a long bright hallway and into a huge room. Dr. Adams was in the room right in front of me. The wall was made of glass. The Dracs held me there and attached wires to my head. Then suddenly I was lifted off the ground.  I was suspended there in the air. Then the room disappeared and I was standing in a lake. Oh great. I felt invisible arms yank me down and hold me down under the water. I struggled and tried to ignore the pain in my chest and head. Then they let go. The lake disappeared and I was standing in the hallway where Katy attacked me. I walked around when she slammed into me. Katy again. But this time she stabbed me in the back. I screamed and appeared back in the room. My feet were back on the ground. Dr.Adams stood there.

"You're done for the day." She says and guards take me back to my room. Sly and Cherry Bomb were in separate rooms. The guards throw me in the room and slam the door. 

*Cherry Bombs POV*

Guards grabbed my arms and dragged me out of the room. I tried to kick them but they wouldn't budge. They took me into a huge room and made me stand still. They attached wires to my forehead and then I was floating. The room disappeared and I was standing in the lobby area of the Killjoy HQ. It was deathly quiet and I was panicking. No one was around. I turned around and walked for a little bit. I turned a corner and saw Gerard. He was laying on the ground. Oh my god. No no no no no. This was my worst fear. I tried to run to him but my legs were stuck to the ground. I was being forced to stay in this one spot. Then the lobby disappeared and I was back in the room. I was standing up again and tears were running down my face. 

"Why did you do that?" I choke out at Dr. Adams. She smiles and then I was being shoved back into my room. I couldn't think right now. Where is Gerard? Is he ok? What do I do? I fell onto my bed and fell asleep. 

*Vipers POV*

I lay in the dark for a while. I didn't know what to do. Then someone comes into the room. I don't think it was a guard because they put their finger to their lips. The signal to be silent. I couldn't see if it was a boy or girl. We went into the hallway and I could see the person. She was medium height with jet black hair tied up in a ponytail. There was a single red streak in the center of her ponytail. She was wearing black jeans, boots, a red shirt and a black leather jacket. 

"Hey who-" I say but she leaps around the corner with such grace it surprised me. She pulled out two daggers and spinned them around her fingers. The two Dracs fall dead and she motions for me to follow her. We run out of the building and see Cherry Bomb and Sly standing out in the parking lot. I run up and hug them both. I turn around to the girl.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Black Widow." 

"Thank you. Have you been a Killjoy all your life?" I asked her. She looked away. "Umm I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" I started. 

"No it's fine. Yes I've training all my life." Black Widow says. I look at Cherry. She nods.

"Hey Black Widow. If you're interested, you could come with us."I said. She looks up.

"Yes, I would like that." 

"Great. You'll be a great help." I say and she smiles.