Chapter Sixteen

*Slys POV*

I woke up feeling just as crappy as when I went to bed. My hands were shaking and my head hurt like hell. I stood up shakily and walked to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror. I was super pale. What is wrong with me? I lean down and throw up again. Suddenly my back hurt super bad. I slip to the ground and lay there. I reach back and touch the small of my back. A small bump was at the end of my spine. What the heck? I try to get up but my legs wouldn't respond. The door opened and Mikey came in.

"Maya are you ok?" He says and helps me sit up. 

"I think they put something in my spine when I had my surgery. " I whisper out. I pull my shirt up and show him the bump. 

"It feels like a bag. Maybe someone can take it out. Here I'll take you downstairs." Mikey picks me up and carried me downstairs. My head goes fuzzy and I pass out. 

*Vipers POV*

Mikey comes down the stairs with Maya who is unconscious.  We all get up.

"Is she ok?" Frank asks. Mikey looks worried. 

"She was throwing up and then said that theres something in her back." Mikey says. We lay her down on the couch and Mikey pulls up her shirt. 

"Does anyone know how to remove a bag with drugs from someones spine?" Mikey says sarcastically. 

"Hold on! What?" Frank says. 

"Remember when Maya had her surgery?" Mikey says. Everyone nods. "Well I remember them saying something about putting something in her spine. I can't remember exactly what they said they were putting in there but they said some kind of drug." Mikey says. We all look at each other. 

"We need to take it out." Gerard says. He goes and gets a medical kit. 

"Hey at least I'm not the one thats unconscious this time."Viper mutters. Everyone looks at her. "What? Just trying to diffuse the tension." Gerard pulls out a pair of scissors and cuts the stitches. I turn away.

"I think I'm going to be sick." Cherry Bomb says. Gerard reaches into the base of her spine. He pulls out a small blue bag with white powder in it. The bag had blood on it and Gerard puts it on the table. He stitches Maya back up and pulls her shirt down. 

"Hey umm was the bag supposed to be all the way full?" Mikey asks. We all look at the bag. It was halfway full. Maya sits bolt upright on the couch. We all jump back and Gerard almost stabs himself with the scissors. She looks around at all of us and her eyes were changing colors. Blue to green to brown to gray and back to blue. 

"What happened?" She asks. 

"The doctors put something in your spine when you had your surgery. They put a bag of drugs that leaked and I have no idea what they do." Gerard explains. 

"They will allow her to access 100 percent of her cerebral cortex." A voice says from the kitchen. 

"Oh not you." Viper groans. Katy was standing there, a smile on her face. 

"How the heck did you get out of Cyro-freeze?" Cherry Bomb snaps. 

"I have my ways." Katy says. Viper rolls her eyes. 

"They'll do what to her?" Mikey says. Katy looks amused. 

"She'll have the abilities that we don't. Controlling other people, she can feel every living thing."Katy says. Maya stands up and looks right at Katy. 

"Get out." Maya snaps. Katy's eyes widen. Maya waves her hand and Katy falls to the ground. Frank and Gerard go over to her. 

"She's unconscious. Thats amazing." Frank says. They drag Katy over to the couch and leave her there. We decided we would just leave in the morning. Maya stood there and stared at the wall. 

"You guys go get some sleep. I'll be fine." She says. We all head upstairs.

*Slys POV*

I felt weird. I felt like a buzzing going through my arms, legs and head. I could feel the water that was coming from the shower. I don't know how thats possible. I paced around the living room for awhile and then eventually sat in a chair. Maybe I didn't need sleep. The sun comes back up and I hear a crash. I turn around and Dracs were bursting through the door. I wave my hand and one of them flies across the living room and collapses to the floor. I pull a knife from my sleeve and throw it at the Drac. He falls and I hold my hand out. The knife comes back to my hand and I do a backflip. I land on the last Dracs shoulders. I jump back and wrap my legs around the Dracs neck. My hands land on the ground and I pull back my legs. I hear a snap and the Drac falls to the ground dead. I stand up and everyone flies down the stairs. They looked surprised. 

"Did you do this?" Mikey looks around at the Dracs. I nod. Viper throws me my bag and I catch it. 

"Lets leave." Gerard says. We all leave the house and grab food. We drive for a while. 

*Cherry Bombs POV*

Well that was fun. We all are pretty freaked out and no one would look at Maya. She sat awkwardly in the back. I stare out the window and feel Gerard take my hand. I turn my head to look at him. I smile. We sit like that and then the Dracs car hits us. Actually it was two seconds away from hitting us. Maya had put her hand out and stopped the car. Time seemed to stand still and Maya flicked her hand. The Dracs car flew to the right and we sped away. 

"Wow Maya thanks." Viper says. We all were pretty freaked out. That was pretty awesome but scary. We drive for awhile and I fall asleep. It was freezing in the car and my hoodie was in the back. I felt something go around my shoulders. I opened my eye slightly and Gerard was wrapping his jacket around me. I smile as he moves a piece of hair from my forehead. 

"Where are we going?" I hear Frank ask. 

"Somewhere safe. And far from here." Gerard says.  "The other Killjoy HQ."