Chapter Twenty

We arrived back at the Killjoys HQ. We went inside and I flopped down onto my bed. I sighed and heard a knock at my door. I groaned and got up and opened it. Jenna stood there. I looked at her for a second and then I went to close the door. She stuck her arm in the door and walked into my room. I sighed and sat down on my bed. The green hair dye was seeping out of my hair and the dark brown color was coming back. I also needed to cut it; it was almost halfway down my back. 

"I know you don't really want to see me." Jenna said. I raised my eyebrows. "But I am your mother." 

"Uh huh." I responded. 

"And it is my responsibility to take care of you and Gerard." Jenna continued. 

"OK, where were you for 23 years?" I said. She looked away.

"That's what I thought." I said. 

"Look, Sydney. I'm sorry. Ok? I'm sorry I left. But I'm here now and I need your help." Jenna said. 

"Fine. What do you need."

"I need you to break a criminal out of prison." 

"A criminal. You want us to break a highly skilled assassin out of a prison." Frank said with hidden rage under his voice. "I can't believe this." 

"Yes, we need her. And plus, she can help us in defeating BL/IND." Jenna said. Gerard had his head in his hands. Jacqueline put her hand on his shoulder. 

"We can't do this, ok? It's impossible." Gerard said, shaking his head. 

"I can help." A voice said. It was Black Widow. Her long black hair with the red streak was down and her pale skin looked shiny. She wore a red t-shirt and black jeans. 

"Who are you?" Jenna asked. 

"My name is Aniella. I've been trained as a Killjoy, as well as martial arts and stealth. I can organize a prison break." She said. 

"Well, I'll leave you in charge of organizing this. Since, these idiots might struggle a little with it." Jenna looked at me. Mikey threw his hands up in the air. Maya showed a choice finger at Jenna. 

I snorted. 

Gerard clapped his hands. 

"All right. Let's break into a prison."