Prologue

"Cmon b... Let's go!" I heard the sounds of shots being fired outside, I couldn't move... Speak; nothing. As I stood there and watched my brother lie there motionless, I couldn't stand the chance to leave him. "Tony!" I became startled as my boy Victor grabbed me and pushed me down the alley. The sounds of our shoes screeching against the wet concrete and the sound of sirens was enough to make you nervous.

"Dude! What were you thinking back there!" I heard Victor say aggressively to me.. We ducked off in this recreational facility downtown... Heart beating, the sound of panting and sweat glistening as it ran down my face. I sat in a chair and fell my head into my hands faintly, I slapped my head over and over repeating to myself "Stupid! Stupid!". I told my brother not to go down there, he didn't listen, I told him time and time again he was selling his soul to the devil... But now my brother Davon is dead...

I can hear my mom now... Crying, screaming to the top of her lungs, weeping that her babyboy is gone. Single mother of four, no job, no education... Nothing. Three different fathers, all good for nothing.

"Man! We can't stay here! He'll find us b.." Victor was a nervous wreck, he never in his life felt so afraid of a man behind a gun. We from Baltimore, a man with a gun to us is like getting carded to purchase cigarettes. All Victor and I wanted to do was play ball, that's it! Now... I feel like we set ourselves up for failures... I shouldn't of allowed Victor to do this with me; my brother shouldn't of been so curious that he had to come follow us. Not in my 18yrs of living have I ever felt so disgusted with myself. I made my mom a promise everyday before I left home ... "Watch over your brother" as she always told me... And I broke that promise....