29 Bittersweet

-Tony
As I met up with Don, he mentioned he can take care of Kash himself.. I just declined, this man took the most valuable thing in my life.... My own flesh and blood!

Everytime I thought about his name I got sick to my stomach, I wanted this man dead so bad I could feel the rush of me pulling the trigger and watching him fall. I dropped down to my knees to ask the dear lord if he can forgive me for this sin I shall commit I'll give myself to the lord once this is all over, I'll take my butt to school, go to college and play ball ... And I'm going to do it all for Davon..

-Victor
I didn't know what was worse... Watching my boy break like this or realizing I'll never hear the laughter of Davon every morning before school.

I texted Trevor, and he FaceTime me.. The look in his eyes were more distraught than I thought they would be, we all use to believe Trevor never liked Davon but boy were we wrong. Trevor just thought of Davon as his little brother, Trevor was so hard on Davon only because he had lost his baby brother when his brother was just only six years old, to gang related violence... Wrong place at the wrong time type of scenario.

Trevor legit had tears coming down his eyes that I didn't even know the man had, he couldn't shake the fact off that he lost another brother to gun violence. He asked me about Tony, I never said anything I just looked at him and shook my head, Trevor just nodded and told me he'll return my call later.

-Dream
I had just walked in the door to only realize I went the entire day without my phone.. When I walked over to the counter there it was still on the charger and all, I had multiple missed calls and a list of messages I was afraid to even answer. I peeped who called me and rolled my eyes at it just being Antonio; thought I told this boy I didn't want him.

I noticed Victor had called a few times and even left an urgent voicemail, I told myself I'll call him back in a bit. I turned on my tv straight to the news, I had started on my dinner and make sure I got out my homework for class tomorrow; I was chopping up my vegetables until I overheard the news reporter mentioned a familiar name:

Good evening Fox at 10, we have breaking news that the body that was identified in the Alley on 13th street avenue was identified as Davon Tyson Jones, 16 was pronounced dead at the scene which look to of been fatal gunshot wounds.

I just froze completely.. I rushed over and grabbed my purse and keys and made my way on the interstate.

Oh my god! I knew something was wrong when he called me, I can only imagine what's going on in that head of his.

-Tony
I stood quietly as I watched the coroners come pick up my brother, at this point I had stopped the tears while rage filled my entire body. News media tried to approach me but Don kept them away, I wasn't in no mood to answer anyone questions... Especially about my brother.

My phone rung, I looked down and realized it was Dream; I just shook my head and forwarded her to voicemail, the time I needed her she wouldn't even pick up but now I'm sure she peeped the news by now and feels pity, little does she know I don't want her pity or anyone else's... I want Kash... And I want him dead.

Vic had walked back over near me, I could this shit was eating him up more than me; Victor has never been the type of guy to express his feelings about anyone nor anything. When his pops left, he was nonchalant and okay with it, told his mom that he'll take care of everything; When they first got their house broken into.. Not once did he get upset or feel as though he could break just seeing his mother be torn at all of her hardwork being missing from her home, he just simply held her close and told her that everything will be alright. Now, as I watch him grieve over the death of Davon made me realize how many hearts my brother touched during his time on earth. He was suppose to make something out of himself, he always told me he was going to get us out of the hood before the hood take us out for good; sadly.... the hood got to him before he even had the chance to do so.