Chapter Five

- Dream
"Yes mom... I'll be home this weekend... No I'm off ... Ye-- bu-- ma! I gotta go" sheesh... Talk about long winded? That woman can surely talk.. As much as I don't come by often I know she misses me but between school and work, and keeping up with my bills it's just hard to deal with; I barely have time for me! But I do miss my little brother and mom, even though I'm about 30 minutes away still seems too far but since she insists on seeing my face I'll stay for the weekend. I got up and put on my SGRHO jacket along with my black leggings and all white nike roshe, pinned my hair up in a bun, grabbed my keys and book and headed to class.

As I pulled up, the only problem I had in school .... Was finding a damn parking space ugh, the struggle was indeed real everyday no matter how early I leave the house I always managed to spend 30 minutes searching for a place to park ... What blows me are the small motorcycles that have you believing there's an available spot. Yes! I found one and thank god too, I had 15 minutes to spare before my class starts.

"Yo Dream! Cmere girl lemme holla at you for a sec" I indeed rolled my eyes white, when I heard that voice... I just sighed when I turned around looking from afar at it being my ex Adonis. Adonis and I dated for only three years, we went to high school together then came to University of Baltimore together. I cannot lie and say I didn't love him, cause I did; he just do some dumb shit that made me rethink my choices in men.

"Why you haven't been answering my calls or texts lately Dream?" The look I gave was priceless, it was almost funny to see him act like we're still a couple, I just flashed a smile and looked down at my shoes "I didn't know I was still yours, I believe I'm obligated to do whatever I please.. So that means if I decide to not answer any of your calls or texts I can do that", hmph.. Handled that ass like a boss, you go Dream!

"Chill just cause we not together nomore don't mean a nigga can't check up on you once and awhile, I still love you yknow?" Okay... This wasn't part of the plan, abort mission Dream! I hate when he always say things like that, have me looking dumbfounded by the awkwardness so I just looked up at him.... Well.... He was looking scrumptious in his Kappa jacket mmmm I like em tall caramel and handsome.... Down Girl, "I'm sorry Adonis, didn't know you still cared guess I'm still grieving over what happened between us."

 Ha! Jackpot baby who can play games too? Yup ya girl Dream. "Chill out, I know I fucked up but I do care about you now cmon let ya boy buy you your favorite muffin and frappe before you go to class" oop damn, I'm getting treated to a mini breakfast? He must want the drawls...

-Adonis
Damn... She sho looking good in them leggings, that Apple looking good enough to bite mmmmm, oh shit ... Let me break out of this trance before she notices me staring at her ass. I love me some Dream, I know I fucked things up between us but I definitely don't mind working things out to get her back; she was my support system at all my games, my probate during the time I pledged Kappa everything... Hell she was even there when a nigga got locked up and had to see my PO, but me being stupid led me to lose a good girl. Didn't think she'd ever want to hear from me again, but least I took a chance. "Cmon fool I got 10 minutes" I smiled at her, our friendship meant a lot to me we've been through so much  not to be close. She's genuine, I was her first and she was mine; even though at the time we wasn't even dating just fooling around... Experiencing? If that's what you want to call it. Never forget that day neither.... Mm, she knew how to throw that ass back for the first time, made me rethink if this was really her first time or she just watched a lot of porn.

-Dream
I really wish this nigga would stop staring at me and get out of lala land, it's creeping me out he standing here trying order but staring me down like I'm some type of sirloin steak..... I'm more a filet mignon, yes I'm fancy.

After we wasted 10 minutes of waiting, I had to haul ass down the hall to my class good thing I ran track in high school or I'd be speed walking instead. Just as I made it on time, I took my seat in the back with my fellow sorors but the look on their face was if they weren't too please with me. "Meet us at the soro house after class" I blinked rapidly as I nodded taking out my books and notes for class, I was confused by the way they looked at me but more pissed off at the fact that I have to make this little meeting quick... I still got work

-Tony
"Aye bro guess who coming down this weekend? Your favorite person" As I threw the ball to Vic, I had to think what the hell he was talking about but then.... I caught on... Dream. I haven't seen Dream in two years, everyone thinks I'm inlove with her but shit I don't care babygirl fine; she got every quality a guy can ask for: brains, beauty, liability, stability, finance; I can go all day. I've tried to get at her so many times, but she was so inlove with Adonis that she never gave me the chance. I know I'm young, no job, nothing really going for me; but I know for sure I can give Dream exactly what she wants and needs. Even though she's in her second year of college, if she ever gave me the chance I would definitely reconsider my choice of LSU to University of Baltimore. "You still like my sister man?" I just laughed and shot a 3point smoothly into the basket. "Nah, she don't want me remember? Besides isn't she with Adonis?" The fact I just lied to Vic so easily made me think on how fast my mind process.. "Nah they broke up last year, she just work and go to school now. You can come by this weekend or better yet just come crash at my crib after Friday game" some reason I got nervous when he said crash I've always stayed at Vic crib before, but never when Dream was there. Honestly, I wouldn't know how to even act when I do..