25 Run Davon Run!

-Tony
I slumped down in the car looking around for Davon, my patience were growing thin and I started to become agitated. Luckily, Vic had came with me or I would probably lose my mind; within an hour or so Vic nudged me causing me to look up and notice Davon creeping around the corner from around a building.

He had hopped in the car and we drove off..

"Ant...Vic... What's going on?" He asked anxiously.

"There's a hit out on you b...you gotta stay low for awhile" Vic said sternly.

I never said a word I just continued to drive and collect my thoughts in the process. I decided to drop Davon off at Yasmine house, luckily her mom didn't mind him staying but I knew that this would be the only place he would be safe at.

I told him to stay low and contact Kash and give him a likely story so he won't be suspect about what's going on but to also tell him he's been dealing with family problems; he nodded as he confirmed my instructions as I gave Yasmine a kiss on the cheek and told them both I would return.

-Nina
I headed back to my apartment and proceeded to walk upstairs and go inside. As I flicked on the lights, I became startled at Kash's presence as he sat in my recliner with his legs crossed and rotating his stress ball.. Only thing that puzzled me is how long have he been here I know he hasn't been sitting in the same spot for 48 hours just waiting for me to come home... Nah, by the look of his clothing and freshly shaven face its recent.

"Where you've been my love?" He said calmly.

"I took a mini vacation... Needed to get away for a bit and collect my thoughts in the process " I replied sharply.

"How come you didn't answer any of my texts or phone calls? I'm paying the bill to keep a phone on you're not even using"

"I told you I needed time to myself...I would've eventually told you but damn I can't even take time out for myself?" I responded with an attitude.

I noticed the slight grin he had given me as he stopped rotating his stress ball, I just remained calm and took a seat on my sofa.

"Are you raising a tone with me?"

"No, I'm just clarifying to you that I should be able to have time to myself and not be stuck up under you and trapped up in that warehouse day in and day out, I should be able to get some fresh air" I said sternly, I knew as long as I kept my answers sharp and quick he wouldn't have no idea I was with Davon... I'm just prepping myself for that question.

"Hm...I understand, didn't know any of this since you never talk to me.... But, I find it weird is that you and the Rook took off around the same time."

Bingo.... And there it was...go for it Nina.

"How ironic is that, I don't know what his issue was since I don't speak to your employees.. All I can do is worry about Nina and my mother isn't this the reason why I work for you? Don't I deserve vacation time?"

Hm... Nailed it!

"Hmm ...true, can't argue with that... I'm sorry baby just with everything going on I just had my suspicions."

"If you want you can call my mother about my whereabouts" I said adding the icing on the cake.

"Nah...that won't be necessary I believe you baby just be nice to let me know, but I'll let you get settled in and have the car come get you later"

He got up and leaned down giving me a kiss on the cheek, as I heard the door close I rushed up and locked it behind... I really need to get my locks changed; I dare to not call Davon off my phone only because I know Kash would run the numbers back. I found my old AT&T phone that I still make payments on just for days like this, I called Davon to warn him that Kash is becoming suspicious.

-Davon
As I hung up with Nina, I walked over to a chair that was sitting closely by the window and begun to look out of it. I wanted to cry, I have two major drug dealers on my ass! For what though? Kash, well I know he has his suspicion; but Don? I didn't have Zane shot... I never gave Kash a na-- wait....I NEVER GAVE KASH A NAME!

I got up quickly calling Tony telling him that I needed him to come back and get me, I know what I'm about to do sounds crazy but I know I can deduct one dealer off my ass. All I have to do is tell Don face to face that I never gave a name but just the color of the car, I never knew who it was
that night but apparently Kash did.

-Tony
We pulled up to Don's... I sat back in the seat and cut off the ignition and lowered my head shaking it; Vic had looked over at me and nudged me to see if I was straight, Davon had leaned up placing his hand on my shoulder as I looked back at him.

This whole situation was becoming a migraine, the fact that two brothers are working for two rivals of the street makes things not complicated but dangerous. Vic and I got out and guided Davon to the front door; we did our signature routine knock and the door swung opened by Delo. We jumped back as the wind took us by surprised, he stood there and shook his head as everyone stood up and drew their guns at the door.

Vic told them to be cool and said this was important for Davon to speak to Don.

Davon stayed behind us as we walked towards his office upstairs; we knocked on the door and his wife Rhonda opened it half naked... Not going to lie baby had body to be a milf. She stood to the side allowing us to come in as she walked out behind us closing the door behind her.

"So....this the young man ...." Don said calmly.

"Sir....this my baby brother Davon.." I said.

"Brother?...... You never told me you had a brother who worked for Kash, Tony"

"I know...but, I'm not a snitch and neither is my brother ...reason he wanted to speak and reason with you today"

The look on his face I just knew he wasn't pleased by this nor could he find any reason to trust us right now but .....this is blood, and it's my job to protect him.

-Davon
I stepped passed Vic and Tony, and stood in front of Don desk to show him I wasn't afraid; but deep down I was terrified of what the outcome may be.

Vic and Tony took a seat on the chairs as I stood before The Don..

"The Don....sir....that night, I never knew who was in that all black Mercedes I thought it was just someone trying to do a drive by or take me out while I'm making my nightly rounds, and I was always told by my boss to call if I felt some suspicious actions being played ...so I did but the windows were tinted, and it was dark so there were no way I could even know who it was driving it I was just trying to get out of harms way only cause the car had a slow creep..."

He then sat up in his chair, blowing smoke from his Cuban cigar and looked up at me ..

"The boy who was driving that night was my son.... Zane; and it was brought to my attention that he gave your name up as he must've seen you that night, he told me you two were beefing, reason I put a hit out on you"

"Zane? As in Zane Ross?"

"Yes."

"We just spoke like two weeks ago at the school game only thing he got mad at me for was because I told him I don't sell, he tried to call me out in front of everyone saying I do when I know what I do I just don't sell on campus, my boy got popped four months ago BY Kash because of that."

"Damn...sorry for your loss, so you saying my son was trying to buy from Kash products?"

"Sir on my momma I'm not saying this to save my ass nor am I doing this to start shit I'm saying how Zane was always my boy, he had asked me several times to get on with Kash but I told him no cause of who his father is.

The look he gave me was damn near deadly from I can see he had grown furious with anger to know that his son had basically betrayed him... At this point I wanted to restart my life over and wish I never ran across Kash that day.