Chapter Forty-Two - What Suits Us Best

KATIE'S POV

   "This would look perfect on you." Mom says, handing yet another "perfect for you" suit to Dominick. I hear Dominick let out a sigh from inside the dressing room before opening the door to take the suit from Mom.

"Thank you." He says in a tone that is pleading Mom to stop bringing more suits. Mom hears the plead and laughs a bit. She throws her hands up in surrender.

"I'm sorry, it's just so rare I get to shop for you." She says. She looks in my direction and laughs a bit more. "Or more accurately, you two."

  I smile a bit and roll my eyes. I know it's true, I don't usually let Mom shop for me. I'm not into shopping for anything except food and necessary stuff for survival. Last time Mom and I went shopping for "girl stuff", I was eleven years old; and it was only because I'd gone through a major growth spurt. I bet Dad had a heart attack when he saw all the shopping bags we brought home that day.

   I walk around the small area outside of the waiting room with Mollie balanced on my feet. I am very sure this child will be walking early. She's not a huge fan of crawling but she can do it. She pulled herself up yesterday on the couch. Dominick was playing video games with Linkon and missed it. He was bummed and tried to get her to stand up by herself again.

   Mollie starts to try and wiggle herself out of my grasp. I gently set her down on the ground and sit in a chair. Mollie gives me a confused look as if to ask why I'm sitting down. "Tyde, could you hand me one of Mollie's toys?" I ask.

"No problem." Tyde says looking up from her phone. She locks her phone before setting it in her lap and reaches over to grab Mollie's baby bag.

   I was really excited when I learned Tyde was coming with us today because I've been wanting to meet her. Dominick and her have hung out a few times; and that's about the extent of my knowledge about her. Dominick doesn't really talk to me, or anyone actually, about girls. He's always been that way; when he got his first girlfriend, he only mentioned her three times. Once when he was talking about how cute he thought she was. Once when he told me that he had a girlfriend. Once when he told us that they broke up.

   However, I wasn't just excited to meet Tyde so I could learn more about her. I was excited to watch and observe Dominick and her together. I have suspicions that the two of them are more than friends. As I said before, Dominick doesn't talk much about girls with anyone. However, he doesn't usually say a single word about girls he's interested in or involved with.

   I didn't know he was even dating Nikki until they had been dating for almost a year; and I only found out because I caught them making out in his room. He didn't talk about her at all. I had to learn more information about her by talking to Linkon. Only reason Linkon knew about them was because he was in the same grade level as them, and he barely knew more than I did.

  Tyde hands me one of Mollie's toys, a colorful little musical cube with a few big buttons. I set the toy in front of Mollie and press a the trumpet button.

"You're... seventeen, right?" I ask Tyde.

"Yes, I just turned seventeen a few months ago. How old are you?" she replies.

"I'm twelve, I'll be thirteen in May."

"You're a May Flower! That's cool, my older brother is a May Flower as well as my younger brother." she says. "What day?" she asks.

"The fifteenth."

"No way, are you serious!? My brother, the older one, is the fourteenth."

"Wow." I say, I do feel a bit surprise. "I didn't know you brothers." I add.