Chapter Forty-Eight - How Our Life Changes

DOMINICK'S POV

   Aria picked up Mollie exactly when she said she would, not even a second sooner or later. I gave her the baby bag along with Mollie's schedule written down on a piece of paper. She's going to be dropping Mollie off this evening as well. "I can't talk right now, but when I drop her off... do you think you'll be able to spare a moment?" she asked as she put the baby bag on the passenger seat of her car.

   "I should be able to, no promises though." I replied as I placed Mollie into Aria's arms. At first, Mollie was fine but once the realization hit that she was in the arms of a sort-of-stranger, that's when the crying started. Aria started lightly bouncing in attempt to calm Mollie down as I worked on putting Mollie's carseat in Aria's car.

   Five minutes, lots of crying, a few curse words from both teenagers, and a lots of frustration later, the carseat was in place. I reminded Aria about the pacifiers as she placed Mollie into the carseat. "Thanks, and I'll be back with her by seven." she said as the buckled Mollie's seatbelt.

"Okay. Drive safety, Mollie's schedule is in the bag, and you have the numbers to call if you have questions." I said.

"Okay, thanks." Aria said.

   I started walking up to the porch but turned around in time to see Aria begin to pull out of the driveway. I let out a deep sigh and turned back to continue walking into the house. This is really happening. I thought to myself as I opened the front door.

   Shortly after Mollie had left, I called Linkon to see if he was free to give me a ride or if he vouch and say I was with him. He could do both, and within twenty minutes his car was pulling into the driveway. "Thanks man." I say as I get into the car.

"No problem." Linkon replies. His voice is tense and sounds like he's slightly irritated. I notice how tightly he's gripping the steering wheel.

"You alright?" I ask.

"I will be." Linkon replies as he begins to put the car into reverse.

  I stop him and force the gear to stay in park. "What's going on?" I ask.

"Today just hasn't been my favorite kind, that's all." Linkon replies putting the car into reverse. He looks over at me. "You want more information don't you?" He asks.

"No, totally. I mean we- actually, yeah I kind do. I'm sorry, forget I said anything." I say.

   Linkon surprises me and chuckles. He rolls his eyes in an amused way and chuckles. "You and your sister do this thing with your face when you want more information. It's totally obvious." He points out.

"Seriously?" I ask.

Linkon nods his head. "What's the address again?" He asks.

   I pull out the piece of paper and read off the address; or at least, what I think the address is. I wouldn't out it past myself to have misheard or misspelled a street name or put down the wrong number. "Only thing I totally know for sure is that if I pass some coffee shop called Mocha Chip, we've gone too far."I say.

"Rosewood, right?" Linkon asks.

"Yes."

"You better have gas money, both ways that's about a two hour drive."

   I chuckle and pretend to dig around in my pocket for my wallet. "Afraid I'm currently broke. Will you take an I.O.U?"

  Linkon takes a quick look at his car mirrors before changing lanes. "Sure thing. Just don't forget." He smiles.

"No worries, I'll make sure to remember." I pull my phone out to pretend to put it in the calendar; and I'm stopped by my wallpaper. It's a picture of Mollie from last month, her first Easter. We went to church as a family, for the first time in a while. I mostly went because Mom really wanted me there; however, I also went because I was going to be working later that afternoon which meant missing Mollie's first Easter. The church gave all the little kids bunny ears to wear, and some teenagers who asked.