Chapter Sixteen - Questions Unanswered

DOMINICK'S POV

   Ever since the mall incident, I've always made sure I keep a constant eye on Mollie when we are out in public. Katie is still mad at me for the embarrassment I have caused her. Although today, I couldn't care less about Katie's little grudge against me. Today, I take Mollie to see Aria, and I have a million thoughts running through my mind.

  Mr. and Mrs. Wilton are at some resort with a few of their friends, making today a great time to meet up with Aria. Aria is actually the one who arranged this meet up between the two of us. She called me last week and asked if I would bring Mollie by. I, of course, had no objections. We arranged a date and time.

   I finished packing up the baby bag and all I have left to do is get Mollie dressed. Katie has that boy, Sawyer, over today to work on the project. I apologized to him for the whole forgetting the baby incident and thanked him for not calling the cops. He simply nodded and assured me it was all good.

  Katie wanted me to apologize more for more; but I'm not apologizing for being acting responsible and reasonable. Katie is a good girl. She's not the type of girl to sneak off to see some guy; and if I can help it, she will not become one

  No one in my family knows where Mollie and I are actually going. I lied and said that Linkon invited me over. Linkon is usually cool with me bringing Mollie over when trying two of us hang out. Unless we're hanging out and having a few beers in secret with some of other friends, I usually bring Mollie along. Another way to get my parents to go a bit easier on me. Linkon agreed to cover for me.

  Mom knocks on my open bedroom door. I turn my head slightly to let her know she has my attention. "Sorry I didn't realize you were changing her diaper. Come downstairs and talk with me when you're done." She says.

  "I'm almost done, make yourself comfortable. You might have to move somethings around though." I say. My room isn't exactly clean. Never has been the definition of clean, but at the current moment it's messier than normal. It is actually impressive to me that I can survive in this room. Piles of my clothes, clothes of Mollie's clothes, baby toys, shoes, school books, video games, and other things are scattered around. Mom makes a comment about how I need to clean up my room soon as she takes a seat on my bed.

  Mom lets out a sigh. "Sweetheart, we need to talk about something important. It's been almost five months since Mollie arrived here." She starts. I don't say anything. "You haven't once spoken about Ni-"

"There's nothing to say!" I snap. I didn't mean to sound so harsh; but the sound of her name gets something stirred up inside of me.

"There is actually lots to say." Mom says.

"She is dead, Mom. That's all there is to say about that." I reply. I put shorts on Mollie and pick her up. "Alright, we're heading out." I say to Mom. I pick up the baby bag off my bed.

"Dominick, we're not done." Mom says strictly.

"Yes, we are Mom." I say leaving the room.

   I will defiantly be getting yelled later for being disrespectful; but I couldn't stop myself. Bad time to bring her up, a very bad time.

~~~~~~~~~~

   The Wiltons' house is the type of house that belongs in a "Fancy Living" magazine. I have never gotten a grand-tour, but I have seen enough to get a fair idea of how the rest looks. Mostly the only rooms I saw were Nikki's bedroom and her bathroom.

  Even with her parents away, Aria has kept the house spotless; at least; from what I can see. Aria and I sit silently in the sitting room for a few minutes.