Chapter 8: Magic, Madness, Heaven, Sin

Chapter 8
Eros Dylan Donovan
Magic, Madness, Heaven, Sin

The talk that I've had with Mike, it's embarrassing. I shouted at him. It wasn't my attention to shout at him. I just got carried away. How can a son feel so very distance with his very own mother? I love my mother so much that I couldn't even talk shit to her. But Mike. Mike has the guts to do that. I guess I have yet to know him more. That's why I invited him. To be honest, it's my benefit. More than Brad's.

That's only a plus.

I know Brad would enjoy the trip with his idol, Mike. Brad told me that Mike is his idol. He told me not to tell him.

I would try to know him more. From the day I met him, when I opened the door for them, I was struck. It's true that Mike is the most handsome man I'd ever encountered or seen in my whole life. And my ego is kind of hurt. Because how could a person like me, an Eros Dylan Donovan, would say a man is more handsome than I? It's not me saying it. It's the unknown, undiscovered part of me saying it.

"My sons and I have a little outing, you know." I say as Officer Geraldin puts tons and tons of papers on my desk. I eye it. So many work to do. "And I'm pretty sure Boss told you to do some of it. You little bitch."
Officer Geraldin chuckles at that.

"Ah. I know. But you should do it first." Officer Geraldin shakes his head as he goes to his desk, clearing the unnecessary files on his desk. "You know, yesterday, I was so workaholic..."

"You're always workaholic." I say matter of fact, arching a brow as I tilt my head.

"Haha," he laughs sarcastically. "Anyways, I was searching through Google. About TPG. I don't know if Google is a valid source. But shit. I was desperate. So I reconsidered it. TPG. It means 'The Phantom Gang'. Righhhttt. That's a fucking lame title for a serious gang like them."

Myself goes back in. Alert and ready. Ready to take some information. Officer Geraldin gives me a grin because he knows when it comes to situations like this, I always focus myself.

Officer Geraldin has a habit of telling the whole story. And by the whole story, means that how he typed the information on Google. Shits like that.

He said he was alone yesterday. And was totally bored so he has researched about the cases on Google. Then he typed, exactly, 'TPG means crime'. That's a messed up way title on searching for a topic on Google. But that's Google. Google has some informations. Most of them are hoax. Rare of them are legit.

Google is the students' way of searching information. And when it comes to information for school, mostly they have them correctly. But TPG? TPG has so many meanings. It could mean 'The Principles of Golf', or 'The Price of Golf'. Shits like that. But I think 'The Phantom Gang' is the closest to it. It feels like that gang is sort of belongs to this place. To this county. I have a feeling of it.

I look around our office. The office has a typical gray metal drawers, it has lots of files in them. From the looks of it, it's old and you can see the rust forming on the edges of the drawers. A see-through crossed designed trash bins. Lots of crumpled papers are inside them. Useless. Unnecessary drawings are drawn on them. The room is painted dark gray. Typical room for policemen. Typical office for policemen.

The floor is made of asphalt. Rough. Our desks are made of wooden, painted in gray. According to Geraldin, this office hasn't been used for, like, a year. And it hasn't been taken care of very well. A huge whiteboard is on the wall. It has some texts on it. 'Plans', 'Schedules', 'Breaks', and some of the police quotes. Beside the board is an announcement board. Papers are pinned on the wooden board.

Maybe this office could use some beautifying.

Geraldin kicks my desk and all the papers he has put on my desk nearly stumble. I give him a death glare. I don't want to clean.