Chapter 4: Take A Hint

A/N: On the side bar is Braeden Tyler Wright, as ROBIN 'ROB' PAYTON.

**********

Chapter 4
Eros Dylan Donovan
Take A Hint

          Mel snuggles beside me, burying her face in the crook of my neck as she inhales my scent. I can feel her body relaxing as she pushes her body into me, as if she wants us to be in one body. She's warm. I've helped them to move things into my house, so we all are exhausted. Brad and Mike are sharing one bed. I know Mike is not used to sharing room, but we have only 2 rooms. There is no guest room in my house.

          Being a cop isn't making a huge money, but it helps us to survive. Now that Mel is here, and Mike also, we're going to be a big family.

+++

          Wearing my cop uniform, I pin the badge in my shirt and look myself in the mirror, checking if I look good. I do. Flashing a smile, that's when Mel walks in, hugging me from behind. I smile knowingly at her.

          I give her a peck on the lips and she smiles, says she has to do the laundry.

          As I get downstairs, Brad is running again around the house, but this time, Mike is running after him, looking mad, his brows furrowed, lips twitching, and his face red. I shake my head and shout Brad's name, which makes him stop immediately, which makes Mike get to him and locks Brad's head around Mike's tattoed biceps and arms.

          I can tell that Mike is facing a lots of problems and stress in his life. And I want to help him face it, to pass it. There's something about Mike that keeps me going all around him. I'd see myself staring unknowingly at him, just gazing. And I'd just snap at myself for being a creep. Mike is my son now. He's part of the family. As soon as Mel and I get married, I'll work really hard and buy a new house. I've set my future with Brad, Mel and Mike in it.

          Mel and I will get married in 3 weeks. Too early. Too fast. But we like to, because we can't wait to have a really good life, and to mark each other's heart. I can tell Mike is against the marriage, and he wants to get out of his mother's bound, but he can't since he's just 17. From a young age, he's really built and strong.

          Mike's black hair is always messy, and his bangs are always gelled up. It is thick and smooth, or so it seems. I'd find out sooner or later. His hair is like one from those male model's hair. It's always taken care of. His height is near mine. When we are face to face, we are almost at the same height. And I'm only 3 inches taller than him. His strong, long right arm is tattoed, from shoulder to wrist. It's a face of a woman. Her eyes are shut. And it's look like she's meditating peacefully. From the view of his covered chest, his strong pecs and abs are visible through the shirt. I think everyday he works out.

          His fingers are long and really beautiful. Big hands. Mike has found Brad's tickling spot, and Brad bursts out laughing real loud, struggling to get away from a headlock of Mike. Mike is grinning evilly as he tickles Brad. Brad's most ticklish spot is his scalp. Just trail your fingers there and he'd laugh.

          "Hey, you two. Stop." I say, hiding a smile by pursing my lips. They are getting along. Brad and Mike immediately stop and look at me, furrowing their brows. "I'm now going to work. Brad, behave." I say sternly at him, which makes him nod eagerly and I just give Mike a nod. He merely smiles at me, turns around, and walks away.

          Walking to the kitchen, Mel is making a hot coffee for me. As soon as she sees me, she steadily puts the mug on the table, walks over me, gives me a hug and pecks me on the lips. She smiles at me, revealing her pearly white teeth. Her teeth are dazzling. It's basically sparkling. She gestures for the coffee and I take a sip.