Chapter 14: This Time, I'm Telling You, I'm Telling You

Chapter 14
Eros Dylan Donovan
This Time, I'm Telling You, I'm Telling You

As I take a seat from the couch, my eyes won't shut. I can't sleep. I want to talk to Mike. I want to clarify some things with him. My mind keeps replaying what happened earlier, to the moment we kissed hungrily. From my perspective, it was because I got curious, didn't I? I sure wasn't curious, but why the hell did I do it? It had something to do with curiosity, or was I making a valid reason for me to believe it? To believe that I was just curious that's why I kissed him? To feel the need to kiss him?

Sighing, my guts keep clenching at the thought. Mike had basically run off to avoid things between us. He initiated the second kiss, which meant he liked the first one. I remember the way he pressed his lips against mine, it was so soft, so swift, that I didn't expect it. At first, he looked at my lips, observing it, his hands were on my face, his thumbs brushing the corners of my lips. He was looking at it absentmindedly, and that's when he leaned up and captured my lips. He tasted like the ice cream we just had. So sweet and tasty and delicious. I wanted more. The feeling was so overwhelming I couldn't think at all. It was the kind of feeling when you were so happy you just wanted to die. It was the kind of feeling that you weren't thinking at all but still you were aware of what's happening. It was the kind of feeling that you were being reborn. I have experienced those feelings all at once.

Someone's car has stopped in front of us, the engine dies, followed by the sound of the doors being closed. I stand up and walk over the window to take a look, and I find that it's Mike and... the guy. The guy that bumped Mike in the theme park. I can feel the anger boiling inside me as Mike and Ezerette, I believe his name, walk together to the front porch. I go back to the couch and wait for the mini exchange to stop. I hear they're exchanging numbers and they are laughing. I have to fist my hands to stop myself. I don't why I'm getting mad or angry. I just don't know.

The car roars back to life and zooms away. Mike enters the house, looking happy and satisfied. I frown at his happy expression and that's the moment he sees me, his eyes widen, and lets out a sigh of relief as he realizes it's me.

"Took you long enough," I say gruffly. He looks at me immediately and scrunches up his nose in confusion. I don't know why I'm being grumpy all of a sudden. All I know is that I don't want that Ezerette guy being around Mike.

"Why are you still awake?" He asks me, tilting his head.

"I was waiting for you," I say coldly. Even my tone of voice surprises me. I barely raise a tone of voice, or even say a thing with an inappropriate tune. It does happen sometimes, but I never expected that that tone of voice would come out at this situation. Because it shouldn't be. The fact that the dark side of me is getting out would be enough to get a hold of myself, but I can't. "We need to talk."

He freezes, gulps, and waves his hand. "There's nothing to talk about."

"There. Is," I insist, gritting my teeth as I try to contain myself from being a beast. "Something. We. Need. To. Fucking. Talk. About. And you damn well know it."

Mike rolls his eyes at me and walks by, passing me in the process. I catch his forearm and pull him back and he nearly stumbles. He glares at me and his nostrils are basically flaring.

"What the hell is your problem?" He asks grudgingly, spatting out the words.

"You being a brat is a problem," I state, holding his forearm firmly. "I said we needed to talk about what happened earlier, and... That Guy, Ezerette."

"It's Everette," he spats back.

"Well, from what I heard back then, it was Ezerette." I counter, clenching my jaw. It disgusts me to say his name, but I have no choice. "You guys were talking face to face, and yet, you haven't heard him right. That's kind of awkward. I mean, I know you were trying to defend yourself, but you're in the wrong spot, buddy."