Chapter 10: Fluffy Unicorn

Chapter 10
Eros Dylan Donovan
Fluffy Unicorn

That twig. How dare he! Mike could have been injured!

The day has passed peacefully. When we saw Mike at the theme park, I was really shocked. I thought he wasn't going to join us. I thought he had some errands to do, to make. But when I saw him, all sweaty, like he had been searching for us for God knows how long, it took me a couple of seconds to finally realize that he had come to join us. Brad was really happy that Mike had made it. I've tried everything to make him happy, but deep inside me, I knew that he was just half-happy. Not very. Not lonely.

Me, I wasn't very happy either. Not very. Not lonely.

Mike was like an alien to me. I couldn't really figure out how his mind works. It's like when I go inside of his mind, I would become crazy.

It feels weird to me. I'm really intrigued about Mike. I want to know how he spends his day, how his physical structures go and tense when he's writing those letters. I want to see how he looks like when he engages himself on something he likes to do. It feels weird. I feel weird. I was never intrigued by anyone. Never. But this thing building inside me, I don't know where this is leading me. At the end of the road, maybe there's a good thing that would happen. Or not really. Perhaps the curious side of me could be in charge and take the road by himself. He could lead me.

But the thing is, I tend to change whenever I have a glimpse of what's going to happen. What I assume is going to happen. I take a different path when I foresee what's going to happen. I take different roads. Always. But this time, there's a part of me that keeps saying that I should take this road. That I have to take this road. That everything will be okay. That at the end, everything is going to be fine. That at the end, I am going to be happy and proud of what I chose to take. And somehow, somewhat, I see Mike there. At the end. At the end of the road.

He and I. We started as something close to being enemies.

Not really enemies.

But close to it.

"I'm just a prisoner of your love," a beautiful voice goes straight into my head. An angel. The voice. It belongs to him. His voice. His voice is like covered in honey and chocolates. Odd combination. But so sweet. It's sweet. It's replaying in my head. His voice. His fucking voice. It makes me shut my eyes and enjoy the music he's singing. My mind, it's not functioning properly. All I know is that I'm recording his voice. I'm recording it, saving it into my brain's memory. "If I escape too, I would be lost. So don't bail me out, babe, I'll pay the cost."

"I'm doing time, but I don't mind, I'll be just fine." He continues to sing. I'm at the other side of the room. He doesn't know that I'm here. He must have thought that I'm at work right now. Yesterday, I took a picture of him. Just him.

He looked so happy and all. Like he wasn't worrying about anything, about his life. I admired him yesterday. And I still do. He had this happy face planted on his face and I couldn't help myself but to admire his teeth. It's so white I could see my reflection on it. It was basically twinkling, like on the commercials about toothpaste and toothbrush. Or something related to washing the mouth. It looked like he was doing the commercial. Like he was promoting the product.

It's on my cellphone. Saved safely. We had so much fun together doing things with Brad. We were supposed to go home after we ate the cotton candy, but since he joined us, there was a change of plans.
We took off to this big parachute, because that's Brad wanted to ride on. It was his first choice all along. But since my vision had become dizzy and all, I told him not to. But then he went, and everything changed, and then I agreed to go to that big parachute ride. I felt nothing. Nausea. Dizziness. Nothing at all. When the ride was spinning slowly, Mike was laughing along with Brad. They were so happy together that I somehow forgot to breathe. I forgot everything.

Like in those cheesy movies, where the guy has his eyes glued to the girl with a gorgeous blue eyes an has a pretty little, luscious lips that are waiting to be kissed by the prince, and the guy looks like he has been struck by lighting, or hit by a truck that made him forget about his whole life. All he knows is that he wants this girl.

That's what I felt.

That's what I'm feeling.

Present tense.

And the fact that Mike is not a girl made it worse.

Before I place myself on a crappy situation, I get out of the room, my feet taking a huge steps so that I can escape to this oh-so-beautiful nightmare. But when I get out of the room, that's when Mike goes out of his room. And he's... shirtless.

My mouth falls open as I admire his body.

The tattoos. The tone of his body. The tattoos. So many. This scares the shit out of me. Not because of the tattoos, not because of him. But because of what I'm feeling. I don't know what to do. What to call this. It's not like I've admired a guy before. The towel is wrapped tightly around his waist and Mike is staring directly into my eyes. He's confused just like as I am. We don't know what to do. We don't know what to say. We don't know if I should move first or if he should go back into his room.

There's a loud silence around us, and neither of us are speaking. My mouth closes and the beat of my heart fastens, veins start pulsing, noises becoming inaudible. My attention goes straight to him.

"Um, hi?" I say awkwardly, scratching the back of my neck as I gaze away from him. The silence is going thicker and thicker, and I'm trying to save the situation by saying a simple hi? There are lots of words to be said and I said 'hi'? We've been seeing each other in the house for, like, a decade and I said 'hi'?

A lot of things have happened and I said 'hi'?

"Hello," he says nonchalantly, also looking away as scratches his left arm. My eyes automatically dart to it. His muscles are flexing smoothly, and I can see tension of his muscles pouring out. He's breathing is kind of abnormal. It seems like he's out of breath or something related to breathing problems. I probably have the same, though. "Um, so, I thought you were supposed to be at work?"

"Nah," I keep going on. But I try keep myself composedly, "Took a day off for about three days? I am human, too. I get tired."

"Oh," he sounds happy. But then he coughs fakely to cover it and looks away. "So... what are you gonna do? I mean, on your rest days? or day off? or whatever."

I smile. "Nothing. Guess I'll spend it with you." He whips his head to me, furrowing his cute brows at me. "I mean, with you guys." Hi.

Hi.

"Okay..." Mike says slowly. This is the part where we don't know what to say anymore, or if we should keep the conversation going. It's really awkward. Very awkward. "So..."

"Yeah, hi." Shit.

"What?" He asks confusedly and he immediately laughs. That playful, sexy laugh. Hi. Shit.

"Bye," I say quickly, turn around and go back inside the room.

Hi. Shut up.

Hi.

Going back and forth in my room, thinking how the situation went, I can't stand myself. I keep thinking if I did a good job back there. Which, I assume, didn't turn out well. Hello, for someone like the overconfident Eros Dylan Donovan, he shouldn't be getting nervous, because he's a fucking cop. Or he shouldn't be getting shy, because he's a fucking guy. Or he shouldn't be getting out of words, because he's a fucking interrogator. And most of the part of Eros Dylan Donovan fucked up.