Chapter 11: Bang Bang

Chapter 11
Mickey 'Mike' Hollister
Bang Bang

The wedding has been called off.

Mum has said that in front of us while we were eating sushi. Eros loves sushi. He made it. Eros' mouth fell open as he tried to process what Mum just has said. I mean, I would feel the same if my fiancee told me the wedding isn't going to happen. At all.

The reason, it's still a mystery to us.

She said we had a lot to pay. We have a lot to take care of. But I think it's not really the reason.
The interesting part is that Eros is not really much affected about this. He just asked mum why and he agreed and went back to eating the sushis he made. I did, too. The sushis were too good.

Brad didn't understand, I guessed, what was happening, so he just kept eating his cereal. Not very good. He didn't like raw. But Eros did make him a special sushi. It was made of fruits. Brad liked that.

I was jealous.

Because he had a sushi made of fruit. And I didn't.

"Why did you cancel it?" I asked. Eros was in their room. My curiosity has feeding me with... curiosity? That's why it was growing.

"It's what you wanted," she just simply said as she gave me a shrug. There was no hint of 'Wait... let me think, I think I made a mistake' lingering in her voice. Is it? Is this what I wanted? "Plus, it's true that we've got a lot of bills to pay. The wedding can wait."

I almost said 'what bills?' but then Eros came in, who had a coffee in his hand. He sure likes coffee.

"What are you guys talking about?" He asked us, his eyes darting to me, to mum, then back to me.

"Nothing, dear." Mum said before I could speak. "We were just having a chat."

"What he meant is, what was the topic," I grumbled and I swore I saw a faint smile crept up on Eros' lips. Which made me smile. Which scared the hell out of me.

Mum gave me a look of annoyance as she went over Eros to give him a hug and I had to look away because it was too much. It disgusted me. Everything happening in front of me was disgusting. I made a yuck face as I looked over them. Eros was looking at me intently, and he had this expression on his face that I couldn't quite read. It almost looked like he was telling me something through the expression.

That's when I decided everything was done. My work in this house was done. I'm going to leave for college. I'm just going to wait.

I stood up and took the plate and put it in the sink and washed it. We have this rule in this house that, 'after you eat, you better wash it'. That applies to all. Except Brad. Because he's a kid and he hardly knows everything.

I muttered a goodbye and just passed them without giving such attention. For all I know, that disgusting PDA would last for, like, about an hour or so. Because Mum is clingy. Do guys hate clingy? Definitely. Noah dumped Chelsie because she was clingy and a psycho. That or he fell madly in love with Gloss. Definitely the latter.

+++

I don't know if I would be happy that they are not going to get married. I feel happy. I feel not happy. Everything is confusing. Walking pass the vehicles that are made of riches, girls keep giving me flirty looks. But right now, I don't give a fuck. I don't want to be admired for today. I don't want to be seen at all.
So what I do is I head to the new building. There are two new buildings. The other one is being used right now. This building has a nicer view compared to the other one. From the windows, you can see the garden. I don't know what to call it. Because a garden should contain a lot of flowers, right? But this one doesn't have flowers. It has a green grass. I would call it a 'park' rather than 'garden'. But I keep using 'garden'.