Panic

(Whoops it's been awhile ehehehe)

-*Daves POV*-

      That was a pleasant surprise. Except for the part where I didn't have my shades on. When I finally opened my eyes behind my dark protective wall I saw John staring back at me. I didn't know what to say but I muttered "Please...please don't tell anyone." John shuffled a little bit and then leaned towards me. He put his arms around my neck and then set his head on my shoulder. It took him a moment of thought before he said "What kind of guy do you think I am?" I sighed and hugged back. We just sat there in that position for a while. It was actually...comforting? Yeah, that's the word. 

      Besides Dirk, John was the only person that's seen my eyes. If I'm going to be honest here, I thought he would tell everyone and they'd come at me with pitchforks. I thought he hated me. I thought..I thought...wrong? This has never happened before, but instead of being mad I'm actually happy? Yeah! I'm happy John doesn't hate me! That would suck a whole lot. I realized that we were still hooked together and that I should probably break the silence. Except just before I opened my mouth my bros voice came from over the intercoms we have placed strategically around the house. "Dave there's a (Darude.) sandstorm on its way. It's pretty close. I just wanted to let you know before we lockdown the fort. The window blockers should be coming down right about now." And sure enough they were. I heard the intercom stop buzzing as I felt John suddenly tense up. Living in Texas, I never really notice the random dust, but I never really thought about John. He looked terrified. I decided to say some encouraging words "Hey..uh John? Yknow sandstorms around here aren't all that scary. They're like a weak tornado. Nothing to worry about." John lifted his head up before looking at the window. There wasnt much left to look out of. Most of the window was covered with the protectors, but it wasn't all the way down yet. The wind was picking up faster so you couldn't see the ground outside, but John didn't seem scared anymore. More like excited. I think this kid has some emotional issues to work out. He changes emotions too fast when I speak. Not that that's a bad thing. Oh no. Quite the opposite.