Chapter 29

What's up my people! I'm back!

RYDER'S POV

It's been a week. But it feels like years.

A week of walking in to class, hoping that she's there. And being disappointed.

A week of going home and wondering why she isn't there. Worrying if she's okay.

A week since I've seen Dawn.

Before she left my house, she said she'd be there the next day. I only asked to make sure because she seemed... worried or, i don't know, paranoid?

"Hey man!" Beau said, clamping a hand on my shoulder.

"You alright?" He asked.

"Yeah. Fine." I said, smiling and throwing away my thoughtful and frustrated expression.

We continued our wall to school in a comfortable silence.

Maybe she'll be there today!

"So, guess what!" Beau says excitedly.

"You grew a vagina over night?" I guessed.

"Okay, just because I'm," he pauses, taking a deep breath.

"Dude, i was joking. Don't be a pansy." I say, shoving him, "Anyways, what was it?"

"Well, you know how my mom is not really one hundred percent okay with my," he takes a breath, "choice, I guess you could say?"

"Yeah."

"We had a talk about it last night. She said she's cool with it all!" he says, a huge smile spreading on his face.

"Nice, man!" I say, giving him a fist bump.

We walked past the house that I'm planning on visiting after school.

The truck that belongs to her mom and dad is there. I haven't seen it in a few weeks. Where have they been? Or did one stay home and the other go? Either way, where were they?

We arrived at school, and I rushed to my locker.

Maybe she's here! What if she is? But what if she isn't? Oh man! I just want to see her! She's gotta be here today! She's already missed 3 days, this would be 4 of she isn't!

My mind was racing with thoughts as I ran to class.

Wow... Never thought I'd do or say that.

I ran in the classroom, and looked at her desk, hoping to see her, in her hoodie with her hair acting as a curtain to her face, as her head hangs low.

But was, yet again, disappointed to see an empty desk.

I let out a breath of air, as my shoulders slumped down.

I walked toy desk, and sat down, opening my notebook.

I looked at the notes for this class and started reading them, trying to keeps mind off of what could have possibly happened to Dawn.