Chapter 31

**Not Edited**

I stare at the girl in front of me, disgust filling my eyes.

Bruises decorated every inche of her body, as well as cuts and gashes. Its like no matter where she looks, there's purple, black, and blue. Dried blood was under her nose, which was now becoming a little swollen, as well as her eye.

Her lips were dry, and cracked. Her bottom lip was slightly swollen and busted.

Her hair was pulled into a pony tail on the top of her head, showing the bruises on her neck from where the man she once loved most had her pinned against the wall.

I looked into her eyes. They were dull and filled with pain. They used to shine and were filled with happiness.

She is broken. And she is me.
=====

I hunched over, one arm around my stomach, and the other on the floor. My knees were on the floor, and stared to hurt.

I gagged, and threw up what was in my stomach, which wasn't much.

When I was done I looked up, the eyes that haunt my nightmares staring back at mine.

"Now look at what you've done, you disgusting pig!" My father screams, kicking me again.

I fall on the floor, landing on my shoulder wrong.

I wince, my hand flying to cradle my shoulder.

"You good for nothing bitch!" He screams again, yanking me up by my hurt shoulder, making me yelp.

He shoves me into the kitchen, and throws me onto the ground next to the broken glass plate that I had dropped.

"Now clean it up!" He orders, walking out of the kitchen, stumbling a little.

I started picking up the broken pieces, ignoring the small cuts I got.

I picked up a big piece and stared at it. It was sharp and jagged, and I couldn't help but think about how it would feel going into my stomach, and how quickly it could end my misery.

I shook my head, ridding of the selfish thoughts.

I can't leave Jesse.

When I was finished, I wrinsed my hands off, and put a couple of Band-Aids on my fingers where the cuts were.

I started washing dishes again, humming a tune to myself.

I put them on the rack so they could dry, and went to the hall closet. I grabbed a towel and went back to the living room, cleaning up the contents of my stomach.

I put the towel in the washing machine, and went to my room, closing the door behind me.

I lay in my bed, but as son as my head hit the pillow, father calls me.

"Dawn!" He calls impatiently.

I roll my eyes, and get up from my bed.

I just came up here! What could you possibly need now!

I walk down the stairs, and face my father, getting ready for a blow.

But it never came.

"Go get some papers from my truck." He orders, taking a swing of his beer.

****************

Ryder's POV

"Ryder! Stop!" Kendal whines, squealing again as I poke the tickle spot on her stomach.