Chapter 13

Heyyy!! I honestly think y'all are gonna LOVE this chapter!!!! That song up there is Save Yourself by My Darkest Days. I thought it kinda fit this chapter. It's kinda like a warning. Lol. You'll understand at the end if the chapter. Okay, the pic is the drawing if Dawn's mom that Dawn drew. And she lied and said it was her aunt. Remember? Good. Love you guys!!!

Ryder's POV

'How many siblings do you have?'

We've been working on this project for 3 or 4 weeks.

And everyday, I learn, and notice more, and more about Dawn Rayne Falls.

What I've learned is that she likes batman, she likes kids, which I think is adorable, and I don't care what you think about that, she is allergic to cats, I still call her kitten though, she like animals, she draws amazingly, she plays an instrument, but won't tell anyone what it is, she loves hanging out with her brother, they are EXTREMELY close, like EXTREMELY is an understatement, she can bake, and she loves reading and listening to music.

What I've noticed is that she seems to have no emotion, she never smiles, she almost always has a limp when she walks, she's fast as hell, even with a limp, she wears a lot of foundation, but you can tell it bothers her, in class I'll see her rubbing at it, as if wishing it wasn't there, she does not seem to like me and my friends that much, she hold her ribs and waist a lot, as if she were hurting in that area, she has a HUGE soft spot for Jesse, everyday it seems like she gets more and more tired, and drained if energy. Even if she has not life or emotion in those dull emerald green eyes, you can see the tiredness, plus, she always has her head down in class, and at lunch. And the teachers never say anything to her, so either she has excellent grades, or Mr. Whatever His Name Is told the teachers whatever he saw the other week. She doesn't give two shits about what people say to her. And she doesn't give two flying fucks about what anyone thinks. She has barriers built around her. And, from what I can tell, only Jesse has been let into them.

"Two. Kendal, and Sal. Sal is in collage right now, though." I answered.

She nodded, and looked back at her paper.

"What about you?" I asked, wondering if it was just her, Jesse, Mr. Falls, and Mrs. Falls.

'Just Jesse.' she wrote.

I nodded, then went back to looking for a good music station on the radio.

I stopped at a channel, and a song I didn't recognize was on.

I pushed the button, changing the station, earning me a slap to bicep.

I looked at Dawn, surprised.

"You know that song?" I asked

She nodded, vigorously.

I chuckled.

That was cute.

I turned it back to the channel, and turned to Dawn.

She has her jaw dropped, and her eyes are as wide as bowls.

"What?" I asked, drawing my eyebrows together.

She, very quickly, scribbled something down in her notebook.

'Did you just call me cute?'

My eyes widened.

"I-I said that outloud?" I asked, accidentally stuttering.

What the hell has gotten into me lately!

She slowly nodded.

That's when a though hit me.