4. This Is The Part Of The Plan I Didn't Tell You About

Chapter 4

This Is The Part Of The Plan I Didn't Tell You About

"I'm not seeing much," Cruz stated, taking the binoculars away from his eyes before handing them over to me. "There's not too much to the place anyway. The loading dock is on the far left, an access door beside it, and another on the other side of the building."

Even in the glowing city lights of Glasgow, I was still barely able to make out the building itself from our hotel window. The three of us were standing side by side with me in the middle, passing the binoculars back and forth to survey the area.

"Where do they have guys posted?" I asked, searching along the outside.

"Two at every door," Drake answered. "We can take them out in no time. The only problem is we don't know what and who is on the inside."

"I looked at blueprints of the building," I said quickly. "The access door by the truck leads to a hallway. There's only one room that would really do any good for keeping someone. No windows and only one door...I think that's our best bet to look first."

"You sure?" Drake asked, looking over at me skeptically. "How'd you find the blueprints?"

I nodded, looking back toward the warehouse. I wasn't going to tell him the truth...at least, not yet.

And what was the truth, exactly? I knew the layout of the building, where they were keeping Beau, Gage, and Savannah, and exactly how many Order members were not inside. I was going to keep my mouth shut until everyone was out. Even then...well, that was the part of the plan I wasn't going to tell. I made a deal with the devil himself and I had to pay the price. It was worth it when I knew I could get my friends, Drake, and Cruz out safely.

"Well, then," Cruz started, looking over at me just as skeptically as Drake was. "What's the best way to get in?"

"By the loading dock. The hallway leads to multiple offices. The room I was talking about is right in the middle. It's the last door on the right."

"Since you've got all this planned, what about the Order members sure to be inside? What's the plan with them?"

Vince gave me the go ahead...

"No killing," I said through my teeth. "I want Vince to know who he's messing with."

The two of them shared a look over the top of my head. I wasn't going to comment on it, knowing they were thinking the same thing – that I was completely insane for wanting to piss Vince off. Because if I did, he was sure to retaliate somehow.

"I know what I'm doing, guys," I muttered, turning to walk toward the bed where I had my backpack. Unzipping the top, I pulled out my knife and flashdrive, which I tucked into the sheath before either of them could see it. "We've got a plan, so let's just stick to it and get them out. They've had them for too long."

"So if there's no killing," Drake began, nodding down to the knife in my hand. "Why are you taking your knife?"

"Because," I answered, hooking it onto the waistband of my black pants. "You can stab someone without it being lethal."

"I think someone just boarded the crazy train," Cruz muttered. "Maybe we shouldn't take her?"

Drake was thinking along the same lines as me. "Like that's going to happen," we said.

***

We parked three blocks away, just far enough away and yet close. We wouldn't have taken the car if my friends weren't seriously injured, but it would make the getaway a little easier.