13. You Don't Have To Tell Me I'm Crazy Twice

***A recap of everything that's happened...you know, since it's been six months since I've updated this thing:

1. Beau, Savannah, Ash, and Gage were kidnapped by Vince, though Ash was brought back to Paddon Manor at the end of P&P. 

2. Hattie was (of course) pissed and wanted to get them.  The only way she could, though, was to make a deal with Vince and agreed to go with them.  No one knew her plan except Cruz, though he wasn't completely in the loop either.  They rescued Beau, Savannah, and Gage in Glasgow and Hattie left with Vince and the Order, though they keep Beau as collateral.

3. They headed to Scotland to Kenna Lewis's house in the country (she's Edmund Lewis's daughter; he's from My Life In Ruins), where Hattie agreed to work for them for a few weeks.  Kenna made a break from Vince's hold over her and Beau woke up.  Ade (who's one of the Order members) caught her telling him she's going to take the Order down by planting a virus in their computer systems.  

4. As punishment, Hattie was beaten by Ade before Flannery comes to get her out.  The three of them (Hattie, Beau, and Flannery) tried to get away, but Flannery was shot and Beau stayed behind to try and help her.  Hattie thought they were both killed. 

5. She found her way to a farm run by the MacCrae family, who help her recuperate over a few weeks.  Once safe to travel, she headed back to Paddon Manor after a month of being gone where she saw Drake (*squeals*) and everyone else running for her.  She told Drake all that's happened, including her plan when she went with Vince, and learned Beau and Flannery are actually alive.  

Recap over.  :D

Now, onto chapter 13!  Enjoy!***

Chapter 13

You Don't Have To Tell Me I'm Crazy Twice

I could feel multiple sets of eyes on me before I even opened my own. The good thing was, though, I was still pressed up against Drake. Embarrassing, sure, but I was too comfortable to really care much. Couldn't really hide the fact that we were together with that kiss everyone saw when I arrived to Pallandino.

The voices were hushed, though I could tell who they belonged to – John, Emmy, Ryan, and Cruz. At first, the conversation was about how I was doing, the questions directed at Drake.

"What did she tell you happened?"

"Where did she go?"

"Did you tell her about Beau and Flannery?"

Those questions he answered...until they switched up the topic when they'd exhausted the other. They really weren't questions then, just statements.

"You never answered me about that kiss when she got back. I'm not sure I like the fact that you two are...together."

"I knew there was something going on there. Didn't I tell you, man?"

"And I thought I could keep Hattie away from assholes like him."

"Please. He's been in love with her for years. I'm the one who's had to deal with him the whole time."

"If you hurt her, you know I'll kill you, right?"

"But can we talk about that kiss? Do you know how long I've been waiting to see that?"

With every one he didn't comment on, I could feel him smiling against my hair.