Chapter 3

Sung Choon-Hee's POV:

"Ahh, what a wonderful dream," I exclaimed as I stretched myself awake.

I woke up in a good mood, which slowly turned into a sad mood, knowing that I would leave for South Korea tonight. I shook the thought out of my mind and got out of bed. I noticed that there was a lot of chitter-chatter downstairs, so I figured that Shin Gi already woke up and was talking to my mom. From many school days together, I found out that Shin Gi was a morning person. I decided not to change out of my pj's, so I kept them on, and took care of myself. I walked out of the bathroom, all clean and fresh, and slipped into my bunny slippers. Once I stretched again, I headed downstairs, where wonderful smells filled the whole bottom floor.

Since it was my last day In North Carolina, my mom decided to stay home all day from work. My mom had made, for breakfast, her "famous" tofu soup, white rice and fried eggs (my mom rarely ever made her "famous"  tofu soup. The reason was because she only made it on special occasions). Shin Gi, my mother and I ate it all up. Shin Gi loved my mother's tofu soup and told my mom she could eat it everyday. When we cleaned up breakfast my mom gave us both, Shin Gi and I, $150 each to spend during our mall trip. We all went upstairs to change our clothes and apply some makeup, since we all were still in our pj's and had no make up on. When we arrived at the mall, Shin Gi and I split from my mom and went to every shop that we loved. Shin Gi decided to buy clothes, while I chose to buy shoes, because I already packed all of my clothes and didn't want to bother taking all my clothes out.

Choon-Hee's Mother's POV:

My goodness, it's already 3:45 PM? We've been here for almost 4 1/2 hours. I'm also getting a little hungry, maybe I should call the girls and tell them to meet me in the food court.

"Hello?" Choon-Hee questioned, most likely wondering why would her mother be calling her.

"Oh, uh, Choon-Hee are you and Shin Gi hungry?" I asked while switching my weight to my other foot.

"I'm not, but Shin Gi is," Choon-Hee replied back to me.

"Ok, well, can you girls go to the food court? I'll meet you guys there, okay?" I responded back to Choon-Hee.

"Alright, we'll see you there mom," Choon-Hee said before hanging up the phone.

Well I guess it's time to head towards the food court. I wonder what I'll pick out to eat at the mall today.

Shin Gi's POV:

I walked out of the dressing room and saw Choon-Hee on her phone, so I waited for her to finish talking to whoever she was talking too. It wasn't long until she hung up and turned to face me.

"So, how were the clothes?" Choon-Hee asked me.

"Let's just say they looked cuter on the clothes hanger," I replied in a disappointed tone.

"Oh. Well anyways we gotta go to the food court and meet my mom there," Choon-Hee smiled while linking arms with me.

"Good, because I'm getting a little hungry," I smiled back.

"I figured," Choon-Hee replied back, chuckling.

~~~~

We met up with Choon-Hee's mom at the food court, but before we chose what we wanted to eat I told them I had to use the bathroom. I walked towards the bathroom area, and turned around towards a jewelry shop when Choon-Hee and her mother lost sight of me.

When I stepped inside the jewelry shop, I first bought an empty thin silver necklace chain, because I knew that Choon-Hee loved wearing necklaces more than wearing bracelets and rings. I finally picked up what I had custom made for her, and wow it was beautiful. I quickly paid for it, thanked the cashier and left before Choon-Hee suspected my long leave. I shoved the bag, with Choon-Hee's present inside, in my purse and sped walk back to the food court.

Sung Choon-Hee's POV:

"Mom, don't you think Shin Gi is taking a little too long?" I asked my mom while picking at my nails.

"Choon-Hee don't worry about her, maybe the bathroom lines are long. It's pretty busy today, I mean it is Saturday," My mom replied back.

"Yeah, maybe," I mumbled, still picking at my nails.

Shin Gi returned a couple minutes later, and apologized for taking so long. After Shin Gi and my mother ate, we decided to go home. It was already 4:22 PM and my flight leaves at 6:30 PM. By the time we arrived at home, it was already 4:55 PM. Shin Gi, my mom and I all headed upstairs, towards my room,  to double check my luggage and load it in the car. Tired, and sore we loaded in the car once again to drop me off at the airport. Luckily we finished around 5:15 PM, so we still had enough time to hang out. We made a quick stop and bought some sparkling cider and plastic champagne flutes. Thank god there was no traffic, so we weren't delayed. We drove onto the roof parking lot, and good thing it was just us up there. Shin Gi pulled out the sparkling cider and plastic champagne flutes. My mom took the cider from Gi and opened it. We stayed on the roof for about 25 more minutes before we unloaded my luggage and headed down to the airport.

Once I got checked in and was about to leave, Shin Gi handed me a tiny jewelry box.

"I know you hate wearing bracelets and rings so I bought you a somewhat matching necklace chain for you to wear it as a necklace instead," Shin Gi explained trying not to cry.

I opened the box and gasped. It was beautiful. It was the most beautiful ring I've ever seen, even though it was a friendship ring only. It till meant a lot to me.

"Thank you Shin Gi, you know me too well," I smiled as tears rolled out of my eyes. I closed the box and shoved it in my pocket and hugged Shin Gi with all my might knowing that I might not see her until I've graduated high school in Korea. We pulled away and started crying even more. I turned to my mom and saw her trying her best to hold back her tears. I turned to my mom and pulled her into a hug, which caused more tears to fall.

"I love you mom. I know I never ever say it, but you know it. I'm sorry for blaming you for everything and for everything," I whispered in my mom's ear.

"I love you too Sung Choon-Hee, and it's okay. I forgive you," My mother replied back to me." Now go, you're gonna miss your flight,"

I pulled away from her and wiped my tears. I said my goodbye's again and left, pulling my luggage behind me. I'll really miss my mom. Arguing with her was my best relationship with her. Shin Gi, *sigh* I hope she doesn't get lonely with me gone, I'll miss her too. Goodbye mom, Shin Gi. And Good bye North Carolina. Hello Korea in 10+ hours... I guess.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

Hello everyone! In the next chapter, and I PROMISE you (I don't break promises!!) Choon-Hee will arrive in Korea. I'll try not to drag anymore events happening, and I'll try not to put too much detail in the events. Heads up, I don't really know anything about North Carolina. I picked a random state for this story, because I felt like that was easier for me to choose a state in America. The picture of the ring (ignore the date, please) is the present that Shin Gi had custom made for her and Choon-Hee. Shin Gi's ring is the exact same, but the diamond's color's are swapped.  Also, like Shin Gi said, Choon-Hee's ring is on a thin silver, empty, necklace chain. Anyways, see you next chapter? Yep! Peace out yo!

-Mel