Chapter 8

Your POV

I walked home. I was listening to my music, to ignore the world.

"Oof!" I ran into something. I look up to see a woman wearing a black trench coat. She glared at me with bright red eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry."

She blinked. "Do you want to know who he was?"

I was taken back. "How did you know?"

"Come." She started walking into the woods.

I looked up and down the street. It was empty of people. I quickly ran to catch up with the strange woman. She was fast, and not to mention tall for a woman. I noticed that her skin was pale, like white pale.

"So...who was that."

She didn't answer, just kept walking.

"Excuse me, lady, where are we going?"

Her eyes darted to me in a cold stare. "You are a lucky girl, Y/N."

"What do you mean?"

She pushed me. My back hit a tree. I looked up and saw the woman holding a steel cutlass sword. "You were meant to die last night by my hand. However, He stopped me."

I stared at her in fear. "Please don't kill me!"

She laughed, "That's what they all say." She raised her sword, about to stab me.

I covered my head, waiting for the blade...but it never came. I looked up to see the woman's sword hand being held by a figure of black and red.

"I told you to not kill her!" It's voice wasn't normal, but it also sounded...familiar.

I looked at the figure. It had black skin, red mouth-like things on its body, and it had thorned horns coming from its head.

The figure was Zalgo.